• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Stock options for Armalite AR50

dang472

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Supporter
  • Feb 3, 2012
    Kingston, IL
    I've been toying with the idea of getting rid of the factory aluminum stock on my AR50. I saw a few pictures of an XLR equipped 50. Anyone inletted a McMillan Big Mac stock for one? Any other manufacturers I'm missing?

I do not know what other stock you can choose from. I hated the stocks on the AR-50. They are too long seriously who does Armalite make them for? I do have a AR-30 and had the stock cut down several inches. I was showing it to the person who bought my AR-50 and he promptly cut off the butt plate and then removed the metal he needed for proper length of pull. He machined it nice then screwed it back together. He also modified the cheek rest somewhat.

That might be an option for you instead of buying a new stock.

XLR Industries makes their Evolution BMG chassis for the AR-50 and it is by far, leaps and bounds better than the factory stock and can be outfitted in various ways to suit the end user.

See here: XLR Industries | evolution BMG

While I don't know specifically if they have the inlet for their BMG offering or not, there's always McM and Manners (especially the Manners MCS-T50 stock which is DAMN nice).