• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Student Killed In Joppatowne High School Shooting, Alleged Gunman Arrested

Death From A Distance

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
The Harford County Sheriff's Office is investigating a deadly shooting inside Joppatowne High School Friday. A fight broke out between two students inside a school bathroom just after 12:30pm. One allegedly pulled a gun and shot the other. The 15-year-old victim, Waren Curtis Grant, was rushed to the hospital where he later died.

Back in the 60s, 70s school fights were handled with no weapons, music of that time was a lot about peace and love. Now days there seems to be a glorification of gangster NO RACIAL SLURS bop BS. The music these kids are listening to is total garbage. My point is, put hyperactive kids mingled with crap music, lay that out as the norm for their wonder bread years and this is what happens. I really blame schools for not realizing this, maybe they do???

Back in the 60s, 70s school fights were handled with no weapons, music of that time was a lot about peace and love. Now days there seems to be a glorification of gangster bop BS. The music these kids are listening to is total garbage. My point is, put hyperactive kids mingled with crap music, lay that out as the norm for their wonder bread years and this is what happens. I really blame schools for not realizing this, maybe they do???

Oh for fuck sake! Entertainment has been blamed for violence for decades. It's easy to just point the blame at the wrong thing and go with it rather than point the blame at the right thing and fix it. The problem is simple. It's single parents who don't have the time to care for their kids so they let the internet and the streets raise them. It's also coupled parents who are constantly multi-tasking and also have no time for their kids. Problematic children ALWAYS start from their home life or should I say lack thereof.

What we watch has incrementally opened the door. The television has been all about social engineering g for years. Little kids are raised on violent television now days. They are also raised on television that tells them being a virgin is weird and the first thing you should do if you like some is bang them. That love is a feeling and not lifetime of selflessly devoting yourself.

Oh for fuck sake! Entertainment has been blamed for violence for decades. It's easy to just point the blame at the wrong thing and go with it rather than point the blame at the right thing and fix it. The problem is simple. It's single parents who don't have the time to care for their kids so they let the internet and the streets raise them. It's also coupled parents who are constantly multi-tasking and also have no time for their kids. Problematic children ALWAYS start from their home life or should I say lack thereof.
Not disagreeing with your point there but people are a product of the environment, what they surround themselves with, who they associate with, etc. sensory intake is/can be manipulative.

Humanity has never had a shortage of people willing to murder for no good reason. It's just that the 24/7 media cycle now shows us a non-stop parade of horrible shit to drive up the ratings and sell advertising.

And inspire the next wizard that wants to go out in a blaze of glory.

IMHO…. Dozens of factors involved. None can be singled out as the “root” cause. Everything from mental health to environmental stimulus to family issues to crowded populations to chemical stimulus…and lots more I can’t think of before coffee.

As mentioned in another thread… we have a lot of freedom built into our United States. And a declining sense of personal responsibility.

Leading to messy situations. But on the whole, you are far more likely to die in a car wreck, from cancer, or in a farming accident than in a mass shooting. So overall, it’s statistically background noise. As tragic as it is for the families.

Then again it’s no less tragic for the family than a kid drowning in a swimming hole or getting run over in a bicycle. And those aren’t getting media coverage at a national level.

Though “dying suddenly” is far outstripping pre-election mass-shootings and that seems to be cause for… dead silence by the national media.

I wonder why that is?

Sirhr

Many biological parents are psychological children themselves. The failure of their relationships to potential spouses demonstrates this. The actual children have almost no chance of avoiding failure at life.

And inspire the next wizard that wants to go out in a blaze of glory.

IMHO…. Dozens of factors involved. None can be singled out as the “root” cause. Everything from mental health to environmental stimulus to family issues to crowded populations to chemical stimulus…and lots more I can’t think of before coffee.

As mentioned in another thread… we have a lot of freedom built into our United States. And a declining sense of personal responsibility.

Leading to messy situations. But on the whole, you are far more likely to die in a car wreck, from cancer, or in a farming accident than in a mass shooting. So overall, it’s statistically background noise. As tragic as it is for the families.

Then again it’s no less tragic for the family than a kid drowning in a swimming hole or getting run over in a bicycle. And those aren’t getting media coverage at a national level.

Though “dying suddenly” is far outstripping pre-election mass-shootings and that seems to be cause for… dead silence by the national media.

I wonder why that is?

Sirhr
This is a bit dated post, but still relavent. And, posted by Bill Gates, of all people…
1725804720035.jpeg

The Harford County Sheriff's Office is investigating a deadly shooting inside Joppatowne High School Friday. A fight broke out between two students inside a school bathroom just after 12:30pm. One allegedly pulled a gun and shot the other. The 15-year-old victim, Waren Curtis Grant, was rushed to the hospital where he later died.

Wild wild West and cute Americans

Entertainment is a symptom of culture, not the cause.
I agree, marginally. Culture is what it is today, the rap-shit that culture listens to isn't music but tribal war drums mixed with obscentities and boasts to bust a cap in cops and each others asses.

It's the war drums stupid humans who have hit their evolution ceiling have been working themselves up on since the dawn of time. Except those people held their war dance, pep rallies before a raid or attack on other tribes.
These turds today listen to it constantly, as soon as the car starts, and stay in a state of war.
The results are no different than brainwashing tactics of the CIA.

One feeds the other; rap music results in some homeboy getting capped, some aspiring rapper busts a rap about it, rinse and repeat until it becomes a runaway engine that feeds itself.

Last edited:
Reactions: jrassy and 232593
People will never stop killing each other. Like many of you, when I was in high school, for 4 or 5 months of the year, half of the vehicles in the parking lot had guns in them. We would be hunting before or after school, or both. I spent many days in school in camo from head to toe, and so did many of my friends. Fist fights were a daily occurrence too, many of them vicious and violent, hatred was real in many cases, and nobody, not one person ever even thought of grabbing a gun. Getting your ass whipped in a fight wasn't that big a deal. When you can point to what changed in the 25-30 years since then, we can start to identify the problem. The biggest thing I see lately is the left fucking with these kids and their genders. That so obviously must be stamped out. Nobody has ever been made a better person by pretending to be another gender, and nobody believes otherwise. These idiots that are pushing this are trying to further destroy what remains of our moral fabric, and they are the loud 1.6% screaming at the rest of us. Someone should be shooting those idiots. Someone should be stacking the bodies of these drag queens who want to play with your children. I've never given a shit what people do in their bedrooms. Someone's sexual orientation is irrelevant to me. If you and three of your closest friends want to pretend you're horses and dress up and beat each other up with baseball bats, have a ball, I don't give a shit, but the moment they want me to accept them as horses, they can eat a bullet. The moment they want to tell kids about their weird perversions, someone should tie them to the back of a truck and drive until there's nothing left but the rope. Until that happens, this will only get worse.

I agree, marginally. Culture is what it is today, the nigrrap-shit that culture listens to isn't music but tribal war drums mixed with obscentities and boasts to bust a cap in cops and each others asses.

It's the war drums stupid humans who have hit their evolution ceiling, whether it was the Plains Indian or tribes in the Tarzan movies, have been working themselves up on since the dawn of time. Except those people held their war dance pep rallies before a raid or attack on other tribes.
These turds today listen to it constantly, as soon as the car starts, and stay in a state of war.
The results are no different than brainwashing tactics of the CIA.

One feeds the other; rap music results in some homeboy getting capped, some aspiring rapper busts a rap about it, rinse and repeat until it becomes a runaway engine that feeds itself.

Well.... that's one perspective.

But it was Beethoven's 9th and Wagner's Ring epic that fueled one of the most advanced, scientific and stable cultures on Earth to mount up in Panzers and Stukas, put most of Europe and the Steppe to the torch while turning millions of their own volk into air pollution.

Wasn't any Rap Music in Bavaria.

Then again Beethoven's 9th makes me want to invade Poland, too. So maybe it's a Northern European thing!

Prokofiev also stoked a lot of slaughter... And I seem to recall that the VN generation enjoyed CCR and some odd band from England you might have heard of. You know, Mick and Keith... Though that was a lot more 'tribal' if truth be known!

Again... lots of factors. Not saying that popular culture isn't a factor. It is. Are video games to blame? Maybe a bit... desensitizing violence and absorbing developing brains into fantasy worlds. Drugs? Legal and illegal? Yup. Lack of parenting? Sure! Media. Without a doubt. Copycatting? definitely! Stuff I can't think of? Tons of it I am sure! Things researchers haven't discovered? We'll see but I wouldn't bet against it.

Single point causes for anything are fraught with peril. Our system is so complex that we have no idea how it all works and it's a house of cards. And people living in that kind of chaos... well, we aren't wired for that. It's amazing to me that the same brain that was painting caves is thriving in our current hyper-velocity/hyper-complex/hyper-information world... Because we haven't evolved that much in just 500 generations or so.

Mass shootings, along with drug use, divorce, crime, war, serial killers.... are probably just part of the background noise of, what, 7 billion people on the planet? Millions will be wired wrong. The rest have to deal with that.

Sirhr

Well.... that's one perspective.

But it was Beethoven's 9th and Wagner's Ring epic that fueled one of the most advanced, scientific and stable cultures on Earth to mount up in Panzers and Stukas, put most of Europe and the Steppe to the torch while turning millions of their own volk into air pollution.

Wasn't any Rap Music in Bavaria.

Then again Beethoven's 9th makes me want to invade Poland, too. So maybe it's a Northern European thing!

Prokofiev also stoked a lot of slaughter... And I seem to recall that the VN generation enjoyed CCR and some odd band from England you might have heard of. You know, Mick and Keith... Though that was a lot more 'tribal' if truth be known!

Again... lots of factors. Not saying that popular culture isn't a factor. It is. Are video games to blame? Maybe a bit... desensitizing violence and absorbing developing brains into fantasy worlds. Drugs? Legal and illegal? Yup. Lack of parenting? Sure! Media. Without a doubt. Copycatting? definitely! Stuff I can't think of? Tons of it I am sure! Things researchers haven't discovered? We'll see but I wouldn't bet against it.

Single point causes for anything are fraught with peril. Our system is so complex that we have no idea how it all works and it's a house of cards. And people living in that kind of chaos... well, we aren't wired for that. It's amazing to me that the same brain that was painting caves is thriving in our current hyper-velocity/hyper-complex/hyper-information world... Because we haven't evolved that much in just 500 generations or so.

Mass shootings, along with drug use, divorce, crime, war, serial killers.... are probably just part of the background noise of, what, 7 billion people on the planet? Millions will be wired wrong. The rest have to deal with that.

Sirhr
Yes, and my perspective is the most direct and accurate.

It's not Quantum Mechanics or Wondrium Perspective.

War drums aka rap music played constantly by teens that can't recite the alphabet or understand 4th grade math; their parents were mad at society and whitemutherfuckers and they were raised to be mad at society and the whitemotherfuckers and told it's all their fault.

Not just rappers, although previous songs had a notion of regret.

"When I just a young boy
my momma told me, Son.
Always be a good boy, don't ever play with guns.

Well, I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
When I hear that whistle blowing, I hang my head and cry."

As opposed to modern rap music that advocates the honor culture where violence is acceptable as a response to any slight.

How many young people are now considering shooting someone because of the media attention it gets, helping them feel important for 15 minutes?

Reactions: Franko
Maybe some of you need to go hang out with Tipper or something and clutch pearls: Ban the rap! Warning labels!

Read @sirhrmechanic post above. It's undoubtedly many factors in today's society, which I think the high youth suicide rate is correlated as well. I'll go out on a limb and say gangsta rap is likely not a cause, but rather closer to a symptom of the problems.

Reactions: lash
America used to be a high trust ethnically homogeneous nation. Getting into a fight wasn't the end of the world because you knew that if you lost it was only going to result in some bumps and bruises.

The new America has been forcibly transitioned into a low trust society by a tidal wave of immigrants from low trust cultures. Losing a fight today means that you can no longer rely upon the fact that the guy that beat you isn't going to kill or cripple you. So folks are now doing whatever it takes to win because losing is too risky.

Reactions: Hecouldgoalltheway
Yes, and my perspective is the most direct and accurate.

It's not Quantum Mechanics or Wondrium Perspective.

War drums aka rap music played constantly by teens that can't recite the alphabet or understand 4th grade math; their parents were mad at society and whitemutherfuckers and they were raised to be mad at society and the whitemotherfuckers and told it's all their fault.

I would agree that the weekly body count in Chicago is probably fueled by that more than a bit! Along with drug-culture (get rich quick), turf wars, tribalism and simply nothing else to look forward to in their shitty lives.

But not sure I'd correlate school shootings to rap. Well, except the ones involving the same wizards who are doing drive-by's like the one over the weekend that started in a bathroom. And, yes, some of those start in school.

Your average school shooter, however, is not a rapper or a 'banger.

Most of them are mentally ill often suburban white kids... lately that mental illness is being exhibited by them wanting to cut their wankies off. But that's a symptom, too. Driven by the constant drumbeat (see what I did there) of Tranny BS being shoved down everyone's throat by... Hey... the media! The mental illness is a root cause. The tranny-shit and the need to do the ultimate histioronic personality disorder attention-seeking act of killing classmates/children/innocents... is mental illness on full display.

Again... no single causes. But I'd agree with your that Rap Culture has been REALLY bad for inner cities and for youth who glom on to it instead of looking to 'get out' by bettering themselves with education, hard work, etc. There is no room for 'bootstraps' in Rap Culture. Except for the rappers themselves. Who have managed to get really rich... and use their money to wreck more cultural havoc instead of saying "I got here by being creative and working hard." But bootstraps is probably racist. Or Uncle Tomish...

Sirhr

Maybe some of you need to go hang out with Tipper or something and clutch pearls: Ban the rap! Warning labels!

Read @sirhrmechanic post above. It's undoubtedly many factors in today's society, which I think the high youth suicide rate is correlated as well. I'll go out on a limb and say gangsta rap is likely not a cause, but rather closer to a symptom of the problems.
You misunderstood me. I am not about banning music or even saying that it contributes to violence. It does reflect the culture. Rap songs about killing people doesn't make people kill people.

People kill people and others sing about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: sirhrmechanic
I would agree that the weekly body count in Chicago is probably fueled by that more than a bit! Along with drug-culture (get rich quick), turf wars, tribalism and simply nothing else to look forward to in their shitty lives.

But not sure I'd correlate school shootings to rap. Well, except the ones involving the same wizards who are doing drive-by's like the one over the weekend that started in a bathroom. And, yes, some of those start in school.

Your average school shooter, however, is not a rapper or a 'banger.

Most of them are mentally ill often suburban white kids... lately that mental illness is being exhibited by them wanting to cut their wankies off. But that's a symptom, too. Driven by the constant drumbeat (see what I did there) of Tranny BS being shoved down everyone's throat by... Hey... the media! The mental illness is a root cause. The tranny-shit and the need to do the ultimate histioronic personality disorder attention-seeking act of killing classmates/children/innocents... is mental illness on full display.

Again... no single causes. But I'd agree with your that Rap Culture has been REALLY bad for inner cities and for youth who glom on to it instead of looking to 'get out' by bettering themselves with education, hard work, etc. There is no room for 'bootstraps' in Rap Culture. Except for the rappers themselves. Who have managed to get really rich... and use their money to wreck more cultural havoc instead of saying "I got here by being creative and working hard." But bootstraps is probably racist. Or Uncle Tomish...

Sirhr
If you're talking about mass school shootings, we're talking about two different things.

I was talking about ferals bringing guns to school and shooting each other in bathroom fights, what used to be fistfights in my day, not some bullied transgender that fantisizes and plans for months about wiping out his whole school where he didn't fit in. I don't know what those twisted weirdos listen to. If it's rap music, it's not what drove them to slaughter classmates or little kids.

I believe transgenderizm, nerdizm, Satanic worhipping, being bullied and not fitting in has been the most common trait of mass school shooters. The quiet, goth loner is the one you should watch.

What we watch has incrementally opened the door. The television has been all about social engineering g for years. Little kids are raised on violent television now days. They are also raised on television that tells them being a virgin is weird and the first thing you should do if you like some is bang them. That love is a feeling and not lifetime of selflessly devoting yourself.
The juice.

If you're talking about mass school shootings, we're talking about two different things.

I was talking about ferals bringing guns to school and shooting each other in bathroom fights, what used to be fistfights in my day, not some bullied transgender that fantisizes and plans for months about wiping out his whole school where he didn't fit in. I don't know what those twisted weirdos listen to. If it's rap music, it's not what drove them to slaughter classmates or little kids.

I believe transgenderizm, nerdizm, Satanic worhipping, being bullied and not fitting in has been the most common trait of mass school shooters. The quiet, goth loner is the one you should watch.

Yup... you and I are definitely seeing this the same way! Well-said!

Sirhr

This just in. Transgenderism as required the re-writing of a favored song from childhood.

It is now called "Puff the Magic Drag Queen."

You are welcome, internet.