• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Sub $500 Scope

PearlWhiteGT

Private
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2011
Corpus Christi, Texas
IMG_7400.jpeg
Looking for some advice on a scope for my budget build. Really want to keep it under $500. Rifle is a Howa 1500 barreled action in .308 sitting in a MDT Oryx chassis with a Diligent Defense Enticer S can. Trying to keep this build at or less than $2K total. Purpose of the rifle is hunting deer, hogs and target shooting. Highly doubt I’ll be shooting it over 400 yards. I’d like an illuminated reticle and don’t need anything fancy. Just a good all around optic. My buddy has a new Arken EPL somewhere in his shop that will let me have cheap whenever he can find it but no telling when that will be. And advice would be much appreciated.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
If you order with a discount code, you get the kit that has the flip caps and mounting rings.

You can order from Amazon and get it quicker and you will need to order rings and caps separately.

All the Arken scopes have illumination.

Also, the turret style is similar to others in that it is held with set screws. These set screws will back out from vibration. I had contacted Arken tech support and they suggested Vibra Tite VC-3, which has worked.

I normally use a different brand of scope a bit more than your budget here but Arken can work well as a hunting scope.

However, I have seen it performing well enough at the Texas Plinking 1 MOA @ 1K challenge. South Texas wind is where feelings and self esteem go to die. That wind will humble a person.

Last edited:
Reactions: PearlWhiteGT