• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Suppressed AR10 6.5 CM BCG Question

Fuck your democracy
Minuteman
May 25, 2022
Shithole
Those of you that run a can on your AR10’s chambered in 6.5CM what king of BCG do you prefer?

I was planning on using one of those Toolcraft dual ejector AR10 BCGs similar to what my SP10 has for a 22” upper I’m planning on having built with a TBAC Ultra -9 gen2. Anyone see any problems with interoperability of those components?

Thank you for your time.

What brand upper? If Seekins, call them and buy their carrier. Match the bolt to the barrel if possible. For instance, Proof recs JP HP bolts as they are properly headspace to their barrels.

Reactions: 232593
JP VMOS std with JP H SCS and an SLR Adjustable Gas Block.

I've used two cans on the rifle - a very high pressure Silencerco Omega and a very low pressure CAT ODB Ti. This setup handled both well, but with the CAT it was absolutely remarkable.

As others have said, I would cut gas somewhere (bcg or block) and I would recommend weight regulation as well if you care at all about recoil impulse, brass condition, and premature unlocking.

Edit: this is with a 20" Proof rifle + 2 barrel.

JP FMOS w/ JP HP bolt.
SLR AGB.
VLTOR A5 buffer tube
XH Carbine Buffer + .308 Rifle Spring
22" Proof Carbon Rifle+2.

I have run YHM R2 and DDC L-Ti on it without problems in this configuration.