• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Suppressors Suppressed SBR length question

R6Hybridd

Private
Minuteman
Sep 30, 2012
Lake Saint Louis MO
Simple question that I can not find he answer to. If I build an AR-15 that will always be suppressed and the barrel with suppressor attached measures at least 16.5 inches, does the lower reciever need to be registered as an SBR?

I am looking at building a subsonic 300blk just in case you all were interested

Re: Suppressed SBR length question

If you never wanted to remove the suppressor a can could be permanently attached to the barrel. But you are going to be severely limited when it comes to cleaning the barrel and servicing the rifle.

Does not have to be NFA sbr if the can is permanently attached and meets the 16" min oal. I have 2 setup this way and I would do it again in a heartbeat. No downfalls as far as I can find.

Does not have to be NFA sbr if the can is permanently attached and meets the 16" min oal. I have 2 setup this way and I would do it again in a heartbeat. No downfalls as far as I can find.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R6Hybridd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok, it'll be registered sbr. I want to be able to remove the suppressor for barrel cleaning. </div></div>

2 stamps but I'd probably do the same for the same reason

Adco has made some barrels that have an aluminium tube permanently attached to get the length to 16"+ and your suppressor fits inside the tube and screws onto barrel threads. So adding your suppressor only makes the OAL of the barrel about 18"