Gunsmithing suppressor cerakote

Shortdraw

Alaskan Guide
Minuteman
Aug 14, 2010
Kodiak, Alaska
I have a suppressor I need to get cerakoted. Who offers ths service and is there any special paperwork involved? Is this as simple as shipping a firearm for service? USPS Priority mail O.K.? Tried a search but my questions weren't answered.

Re: suppressor cerakote

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bloody_Tailgate</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why is C-Series recommended for suppressors? </div></div>

The C series has a higher temperature limit and suppressors get HOT.

C Series is good for temperatures beyond 1000F IIRC

http://www.nicindustries.com/images/subp...9bKII5j2WIDX6m5

I was considering a cerakote on my early barrett 82a1, called barret they recommended a black phosphate coating they did not think cerakote would hold up/ what do you think/ was really wanting a dark earth color barrett only does black

It may not hold up to repeated metal on metal contact like the Semi-Auto Barrett has but the only place you'll see that is on the few inches of barrel at the end of the fore end, where the barrel slides back inside the chassis. The same thing happens on pistols that has the slide moving across the barrel. Eventually, it'll show signs of wear. How much will depend on the coating and the prepwork that gets done.

All other places it will be near indestructible.

Thanks C brass 16 i keep in mind , i agree and that is probably why barret recommends that coating. I am going to ask them to retrofit a monopod on lower rear end and they mentioned a spring upgrade on barrel or something so the whole gun will get new black and go from there, it only has about 400 rounds through it, going to replace the swarski straight 10 power scope with an upgrade looking at IOR or schmidt and bender 5-25x56 but taht at top end of budget

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bryce6750</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't meant to hijack. Does the coating hold the heat in? </div></div>

Mine has so far so good on a surefire 556 can and an AAC 9mm can.

As stated, C-series is the correct type for high heat items, it is an air dry finish used for plastics or scopes. Seems a little backwards that the oven cured finish does not hold up to heat well (500 or so degrees), but thats the way it is I guess.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: quietbullet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was considering a cerakote on my early barrett 82a1, called barret they recommended a black phosphate coating they did not think cerakote would hold up/ what do you think/ was really wanting a dark earth color barrett only does black </div></div>

Something like this?
barrett_01.jpg