• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Suppressor for Barrett 98B .338LM

jasonstoj

Private
Minuteman
Apr 19, 2010
Newcastle, AUSTRALIA
Hey guys.... spent alot of time on google today trying to figure this out cause i didnt want to bother anyone on here with something so trivial.... but does anyone have any experience with suppressors on the Barrett 98B? I'm trying to find out whats available that will fit properly on the standard muzzle brake and be reliable....

i'd appreciate anything you can tell me!

Cheers

Re: Suppressor for Barrett 98B .338LM

You can either commision a MFG to make one custom for that brake, or use any of the available 338 LM setups.

Cans that are designed to be used in conjuction with a muzzle device either use a purpose built QD setup with high tolerances or have very loose tollerances to allow for misalignemnt.

I would strongly recomend that you consider one of the reputable thread on suppressors for the 338 LM.
- SRT Arms
- AAC
- Shark Suppressors
- YHM
- Suppressed Armament Systems

I don't think you're going to find one that uses the stock muzzle brake. It's not even threaded or grooved on the outside, is it? How would a can attach to it?

Do yourself a favor: AAC Titan.

You are probably not going to find a can that matches up to the factory muzzle threads. They are not common and are recessed down on the barrel. I took the factory break off mine and was like WTF is this? I would suggest looking into having your barrel cut down as well it will help with POI shift and you won't have so much hanging weight.

I have seen a 20" 98B with a Gemtech can on it. It was pretty slick looking, sounded nice as well. Me personally, I run AAC Titan on my Lawton build. Its a hammer!

KY what size would you recommend cutting the barrel down to if im not planning on keeping the can on at all times? i'd only ever be able to use it on private property....at the range id have to take it off! which sux, but thats just the way it is!!

Does anyone know if AAC is still making the 338 TiTan (thread on titanium) can? Not to be confused with the QD version that they just jacked the price to 3500 on.