Sur Ron electric (dirt) bike

crimson25

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2019
CA
Anyone else have one?? Mine's been a ton of fun, and I'd imagine could be pretty useful hunting with the right application

sur ron3.JPG

sur ron 2.JPG

sur ron 2.JPG

Reactions: WoobieJ
I have been looking for a while. Still a little bit pricy for another random toy for me but they do look like fun. The facebook group has a ton of info for mods and upgrades.

No but it looks like fun. What's the range? What does it ride like? Just looking at it, it looks like a cross between a mtn bike and a 250.

I don't regret spending the money on it at all, and I'm not rolling in the dough. And you're right.. if you do end up getting one, those FB groups are gold. Anything that you'd want to do/should do is on there

No but it looks like fun. What's the range? What does it ride like? Just looking at it, it looks like a cross between a mtn bike and a 250.
I could probably get 40-45 miles on the road riding ~30 average and maybe opening up once or twice. I havent pushed the battery too hard off road but I'd imagine it'd be more in the 20 mile range. The ride is a blast for me, but I'm not expert in dirt bikes or MTBs. From reading/watching others, it's basically in its own niche category right in between those two. It's VERY torquey

I put a fake pedal kit on it and ride mostly on the streets as a "bike" which has been awesome.

Reactions: atomic41
I want one, just want to be able to charge it off solar though. The range has been a concern for me, but I suppose i could drive my truck to the area i want to explore or ride and just be mindful of the miles i put on.
These have been on my radar, but prob wont buy one for a long while.

I want one, just want to be able to charge it off solar though. The range has been a concern for me, but I suppose i could drive my truck to the area i want to explore or ride and just be mindful of the miles i put on.
These have been on my radar, but prob wont buy one for a long while.
That's the route I want to go as well.. I'm on the fence now between a dual powered generator or solar generator for this among other things for camping/etc.

You could also upgrade the battery/controller which would give you more speed/power/range but that's expensive. I'm looking to maybe go this route when Luna Cycles comes out with their own upgrade.

Another route for greater range is the Onyx RCR. It's a few hundred bucks more--and kind of hipstery lookin--but it's faster and has better range.

The volcon grunt (new company based in texas) is also supposed to come out next year.. I think it's like $6k but way more range and it looks to be somewhat of a workhorse.

Reactions: Jgunner
That's the route I want to go as well.. I'm on the fence now between a dual powered generator or solar generator for this among other things for camping/etc.

You could also upgrade the battery/controller which would give you more speed/power/range but that's expensive. I'm looking to maybe go this route when Luna Cycles comes out with their own upgrade.

Another route for greater range is the Onyx RCR. It's a few hundred bucks more--and kind of hipstery lookin--but it's faster and has better range.

The volcon grunt (new company based in texas) is also supposed to come out next year.. I think it's like $6k but way more range and it looks to be somewhat of a workhorse.
I have property off grid but i have solar. I could always expand my solar as well as i plan to do so. “Free” fuel would be a hot ticket and i like that they are quiet. Just getting range to do whatever it is that i want would be nice. Maybe take backroads to the next town for small stuff or whatever.