• #0001 Limited edition launch patch (only 200 available)

Grab a limited edition patch and use code AMERICA24 for 20% off all merch

Grab your patch

Swamp People - Serpent Invasion

I should say I was a resident, no longer. But still, why do they need to be alive...I thought they were invasive and should be "kilt." You can still make boots if one shoots the head. Seems crazy. Get 10K hunters out there with an open season like for feral hogs, and those things will drastically get put down in number. Heck, they even are using dogs to sniff them out.

Ok, despite being a FL resident for quite a few years, why is it they cannot just "choot'em?"

What's the rationale there?
Chootin' em doesn't make for acceptable TV these days. But chootin' em is fine as far as FL is concerned.

Good read but why one needs a permit to kill massively invasive species puzzles me. There are even monitor lizards and Anacondas scurrying about down there. Ecological disaster really.

Reactions: Maggot
Good read but why one needs a permit to kill massively invasive species puzzles me. There are even monitor lizards and Anacondas scurrying about down there. Ecological disaster really.

Reptiles are tough mofo's. When I was a kid we got a baby alligator on a trip to Florida. I kept it in a bathtub outside. One night I forgot ro bring him in and in the morning he was frozen stiff as a log. Left him inside and went to school, when I came back he was scurrying around.

A lot of the ones in Fl. now went down the toilet and through the sewer system and survived.

I have a client that is on the python team in Miami. You can shoot them. But shooting them is not an effective means of eliminating them. They are now more in interested in tracking them and finding the nests. Most of the pythons they get now are on the sides of roads or canals. Barely a dent in the total population.

I have a client that is on the python team in Miami. You can shoot them. But shooting them is not an effective means of eliminating them. They are now more in interested in tracking them and finding the nests. Most of the pythons they get now are on the sides of roads or canals. Barely a dent in the total population.

Want to get rid of any invasive species? Just tell a bunch of Cajuns the "hunting season" on them is closed, the "limit" is one, or they are an endangered species - won't take long now.

A lot of the ones in Fl. now went down the toilet and through the sewer system and survived.

False.

A company that manufactures equipment used to process sewage issued a news release Thursday warning that drain pipes do lead to the ocean — eventually — but first the fluid goes through powerful machines that "shred solids into tiny particles."

Reactions: Maggot
Well, if I still lived in FL, and one of those mofo's showed up in my back yard; and especially if one of those monitor lizards did, I'd feel obligated to discharge a weapon. I'm just guessing, but unlike snakes in the "normal" Southeast, one could not dispose of this with a 38 spl with "rat shot" in it; though I never tried that approach myself. My favored choice for cottonmouth growing up was a 410 double barrel shotgun with #6 - fast work of them.

That said, would a 25cal air-gun kill one of those snakes?

Well, if I still lived in FL, and one of those mofo's showed up in my back yard; and especially if one of those monitor lizards did, I'd feel obligated to discharge a weapon. I'm just guessing, but unlike snakes in the "normal" Southeast, one could not dispose of this with a 38 spl with "rat shot" in it; though I never tried that approach myself. My favored choice for cottonmouth growing up was a 410 double barrel shotgun with #6 - fast work of them.

That said, would a 25cal air-gun kill one of those snakes?
If you hit that little pea-sized brain they have, yeah. Otherwise, no. Reptiles in general are pretty resilient to injuries.

Last edited:
I thought the same thing as i was watching the show. I thought maybe it was more for the dramatic effect. I would think a judge or govenor hand gun loaded with 410 to the head would do the trick.

Ammo is expensive and hard to find.
1611940289147.png

Good eatin, and the skins make good boots. Tho always wanted a boa as a pet. Don’t have the room nor the time for one tho.