Spotters Swarovski NL Pure 14x52

NiteQwill

Best to jump high, and far!
Minuteman
Supporter
Jun 26, 2012
Uncle Sam's Bottom
I haven't seen a thread on SH regarding them so I guess I'll start one.

For reference, I've owned a few Swaro products. Including 15x56 SLCs and 12x42 NL Pure in almost every shooting competition for the last several years.

I've personally believe the SLCs are the minimum standard for glass in general. They're heavy and built like a tank. With that said... I am not an optics expert by any means. I like nice toys and that's about it.

So initial thought after looking through them: They certainly feel like a 15x bino. Everything is clear edge to edge, as expected. The image you see is simply stunning. They hold just as well as the 12x. Not heavy at all compared to SLCs. Using the forehead rest, they can be handheld but certainly a tripod is more desirable.

The armor on the outside feels different. But that may be because it's not broken in from the rain/dust/snow/etc.

Focus wheel is buttery smooth. Stays put though, so it isn't turning unless you want it to.

If you're looking for a field/tripod cover, the 12x42 Sunrise Tactical cap does NOT fit. So, I used my old 15x56 SLC Sunrise Tactical cap without issue.

The RRS Cinch works but leaves an upward/takeoff angle when mounted.

The tripod adapter is cool. It sits inside via gravity, then locks with the clamp. So, even if you unlikely hit the clamp to unlock... The binos don't fall. The tripod arca base is slightly smaller than RRS arca bases, so a little adjustment may be needed on your tripod clamp/head to tighten. Wouldn't want it to slide and fall out.

Photos below were out of my phone.

1000061179.jpg
1000061181.jpg

1000061186.jpg

Last edited:
Man these things are really intriguing. How would you rate the 15 SLC to the 14 Pure? I am currently running the SLC have both 10 for hunting and 15 for matches but I'm on the fence about upgrading. Leaning toward either the 14 Pure, Vector X, or the EL Range. My only concern is that the 10x of the EL Range might leave a little to be desired in terms of magnification for match use.

Also do you prefer the Swaro attachment or the RRS?

Man these things are really intriguing. How would you rate the 15 SLC to the 14 Pure? I am currently running the SLC have both 10 for hunting and 15 for matches but I'm on the fence about upgrading. Leaning toward either the 14 Pure, Vector X, or the EL Range. My only concern is that the 10x of the EL Range might leave a little to be desired in terms of magnification for match use.

Also do you prefer the Swaro attachment or the RRS?
The SLC to Pure is a step upwards without a doubt. The image clarity is pretty drastic. However, the Pure shine in the very minute ways like T post or edge hits, counting antlers in the shadows, etc.

You would certainly have to make that decision if the price upgrade is worth it.

The Vector Xs are intriguing but the glass quality has me on the fence. I've never been a fan of combined LRF and binos only because you sacrifice SOMETHING to have both. Plus I didn't want to get stuck with technology that gets replaced eventually. With that said, I'll likely buy them got shits and giggles when my preferred vendor carries them (lifetime warranty on their products they sell). For now, I have my Terrapin which works well.

The ELs are nice. I really wish Swaro delivered a product like the Vector X with Swaro glass quality. I don't think you'll have any issues with 10x inside of 1000 yards.

I prefer the Swaro attachment. But the Arca base is kinda smaller than RRS. I fixed this by adding a correct arca spec base to the 3/8 female attachment.

1000061187.jpg

Reactions: kthomas
In terms of FOV, do you think the 12s are better for PRS or the 14s?

Having used 18x spotter, binos, 15x binos I've been liking a 12x set of binos especially on stages requiring panning around.

In terms of FOV, do you think the 12s are better for PRS or the 14s?

Having used 18x spotter, binos, 15x binos I've been liking a 12x set of binos especially on stages requiring panning around.
It's a toss up. The 12s certainly have a larger FOV at 124 yards at 1000 yards. The 14x is 102 yards at 1000 yards.

I have a match tomorrow and I'm going to be rocking both on my tripod to better take a look. 😂

Reactions: GenericBadGuy
Sold my 12 pure a while ago knowing I wanted the 14’s. No disappointment at all. Amazing clarity - FOV for me, Western Rocky Mountain hunting is perfect. Watching sandhill cranes yesterday @ 2k yds in 90 degree afternoon heat was outstanding, watching them stretching necks and making their weird calls was impressive!

Picking out mule deer tines barely above tall grass at 1.2k or a horse’s halter @ 1.8k fantastic detail.

I will be running these in my pack to tripod and the Vector X 10x in my chest rig when it arrives next month.

What a great combo!