• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes SWFA HD 5-20x50

TUNTAVERNGRUNT

Private
Minuteman
  • Jun 21, 2011
    Lakeland, GA
    Hey guys maybe someone could help me out....I'm about to pull the trigger on a vortex razor hd but after reading a lot of great reviews about the SWFA hd 5-20x50 I have been looking hard at it as another viable option. The trouble is I have no experience with swfa products and was wondering if there is someone close to valdosta georgia with one who I could meet and take a look at it. Thanks

I own a SS 5-20 and have used it in a number of matches now and it has been rock solid 100%. Great clicks, great glass, decent reticle. That said, Ive done a bit of time behind a friends Razor 5-20 and I like it better than my SS but it is another $400-600. I think the Super Snipers greatest weakness is its reticle. The reticles in the Razor line are head and shoulders above the Mil-Quad.

I am not a huge fan of the parallax adjustment on the 5-20hd, as its really stiff and takes a while set it correctly. The glass is nice and the turret clicks are very positive though.

I prefer my nightforce nxs 5.5-22 over the swfa. Its damn near perfect.

I have all three of the above, NightForce NXS and ATACR, Razor and the SS 5-20. The ATACR is totally out of the league of the other three. Of the NXS, SS and Razor I place then in that order. I am the odd ball that likes the SS over the Razor, as most here go with the Razor way above the SS. I have an SS that seems to have none of the issues others seem to have. The turrets line up perfectly, the illumination is excellent (one nice clear dot in the center) and the parallax adjustment is not stiff at all. I like the glass better on the SS but the Razor glass is actually better then the NXS, and is very very good. The SS lacks the zero stop but I don't find that much of an issue, great feature but not a deal breaker. The Razor is BIG, for sure, but when it is sitting on my FN SPR it does not look out of place. And I too like the recital.

Sully