• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes SWFA to canada?

Re: SWFA to canada?

ITAR specifically mentions MIL-DOT reticle scopes as controlled items. Kind of depends on what model/reticle you're wanting. Probably best to buy local if you can, or like 19scout77 said, give them a call.

(Edited to clarify) ITAR Part 121.1, Category I (f) "Riflescopes manufactured to military specifications", so who really knows what that means. I am pretty sure "MIL-DOT" reticles fall into this categroy, but am no expert on Military riflescope specifications....

Cheers,

Bill

SWFA does not export. I think its mainly because its a lot easier to simply say no to all foreign orders rather than having to deal with deciding which scopes are okay to export and which are not. My guess would be that the risks and consequences of screwing up and getting caught, outweigh the gain from a few foreign orders.

From all of my checking over the past few years... Cardinal has it exactly right.

As far as I can tell, anyways. Same goes for MIDWAY. They won't even accept a call from a Canadian number. Just gets re-directed. SWFA will sell you binoculars though. Yay.

<span style="font-weight: bold">The thing that I've always found so ironic, is the amount of munitions that are made here in Canada for the US Military. Yet we aren't worthy of having some of this stuff. Makes me shake my head, for sure.</span>

And yes, to be absolutely clear here, I am talking about "laws" and "company policies".

As you can see by my signature, there are absolutely fantastic individuals as well as company representatives HERE whom are helpful, service-minded, logical, human, and realistic. A pleasure to do business with.

Currently, The State Department registration Fee is $2250 per year, plus a percentage of the dollar value of export applications that you APPLY for (approved or not). Its expensive, time consuming, lots of paperwork and massive penalties.