System for quickly changing tools with limited bench space

Never heard of the Inline Fabrication QD change plates and that is pretty neat.
I use a woodworkers bench with end and front vises. Easy change outs with components mounted on thick walnut boards.

Thank you everyone for in-line fab recommendation - I will pursue that path. Having said that - is it better to get
  • Elevated stand
  • Flush mount (scratching my head how to accurately route such a large area)
  • (flush) mount mounted on top of bench
Since I will be running a mix of products (priming tool, press, case trimmer) - advice on choosing mount height is appreciated.

Thank you everyone for in-line fab recommendation - I will pursue that path. Having said that - is it better to get
  • Elevated stand
Since I will be running a mix of products (priming tool, press, case trimmer) - advice on choosing mount height is appreciated.
You don't need to route it. Look at Inline Fabrication's site. You have a raised stand (of whatever height you prefer) that you can swap out the top plates in less than a minute.

If you absolutely want to route it and have a flush mount by all means they have that too, but the raised mounts are 100% gtg.

+12 for inline fabrication. Can't vouche for exactly what you wanna do. But I have my Dillon 550 on one of their ultramount risers and have several of their accessories on the Dillon. Love them.

Not exactly sure how the plates work...if they are press specific or if you can mount various tools to them? I started to look into it....but ended up with enough space to leave both of my presses up so quit looking.

+12 for inline fabrication. Can't vouche for exactly what you wanna do. But I have my Dillon 550 on one of their ultramount risers and have several of their accessories on the Dillon. Love them.

Not exactly sure how the plates work...if they are press specific or if you can mount various tools to them? I started to look into it....but ended up with enough space to leave both of my presses up so quit looking.
The plates have a tongue and two bolts with wing nuts on them. The plates have to be screwed onto the tool, or in other words are tool specific. They are less than $20 for a plate I think. You put the tongue in the slot on the mount and let it down so the bolts go through the holes and you tighten up the wing nuts. Done.

The real thing here is getting the correct height of mount. It's worth it to take some extra time to figure out how you want to set everything up and just buy the correct height the first time. The QD plates can work on any of them through the above mentioned tongue and wing nut combination.

Reactions: Mauser06
I spent a bunch of $$ on Inline Fabrication stuff and am quite happy with it all. I love mounting the press off the bench top instead of directly on the bench - not the least of reasons is that it gives me enough room to open the drawer underneath.

I too have an inline riser for my Redding Big Boss II and like it very much. I did not go for the QD plate type version.

I have seen a vid....can't remember who....where they put t-slots into their bench and then secured a mounting plate to their tool and that to the bench using the T bolts.....looked pretty slick and left you with a fairly clean and flat bench.

Wonder if the OP could somehow use the inline fabrication plates...drill his own holes for his equipment.

I agree....figuring out the height would be a bonus. I used a free standing bench I already built previously...flopped it over and sawed the legs to height. My Dillon came with the mount so I didn't have options. And with my bin system I think it has to be on the high mount.

@Baron23 may be talking about Gavin from "Ultimate Reloader" I think he may sell the track system or have videos on it. It does look like a slick system. I'm going to consider it if/when I move again and have to rebuild a workshop.

@Baron23 may be talking about Gavin from "Ultimate Reloader" I think he may sell the track system or have videos on it. It does look like a slick system. I'm going to consider it if/when I move again and have to rebuild a workshop.
Eh....not really sure. And, not sure what he can sell. The t tracks are readily available from many sources. This, for example:

So, if you are handy with a wood router (and I'm def not) it would appear easy to set up the tracks. The trick...if you don't have a metal machine shop....would be making the plates with various hole patterns to fit your intended tools.

Reactions: Aftermath
  • Elevated stand
It really depends on your bench height and preferred seated position. If you'd ordinarily have your "stuff" (press, trimmer, etc.) sitting on your bench, then go with flush mount. If you prefer standing or a higher stool, then elevated mount may be better. I have one of each on both sides of my bench, so I can stand or sit based on how my back is feeling that day.