T REX custom press

one shot ST

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2007
Italy
Today I've seen the T REX custom press.... mine is on short final, delivery next week, you can change the base on the top and you able to handle from .223 to .50

TREX009.jpg

TREX007.jpg

TREX006.jpg

TREX005.jpg

TREX004.jpg

Re: T REX custom press

tomorrow I'll ask to a friend of mine the weight of the press, him told me today but I don't remember may be 50 kg.... I remember only the weight of the bench...... 100 kg.......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: memilanuk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That... looks like a lot of work to operate
wink.gif
</div></div>
I agree. A long stroke is only nice if you need it (like for 50BMG), but it's a pain in the behind for standard size cartridges.

Very nice workmanship though.

Andy

I don't think I could afford the shipping from Italy, let alone that press. Looking at Davide's posts, they appear to be one off custom built at a machine shop.

How many people did it take to get it on the bench. That looks like a high quality exspensive press that will get all your needs done but it looks a little bit over kill. I think it will last you a life time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zack-s</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats what I call a press. Looks a little over kill tho. </div></div>

seriously that thing looks to be a little much even if you where loading 50bmg thats insane lol but they dont call it a t rex for nothing i guess

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: former naval person</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How much precision can be built into a three poster to assure constant alignment? </div></div>

As much as you want. If each upright is circular to .0005", and their true position is correct to .0005", and their diameter is precision ground to .0005", and the bushings that run on the uprights are positioned properly, and have .0002 clearance.... it wouldn't even move unless all 3 uprights, and all three bushings were dead nuts parallel. :)

In all seriousness, there is more inherent precision for three shafts than the single shaft units most of us use.

I think typical cartridges would be a real pain in a press like that.

this is the precision I can have from this press..... I've done 50 rounds, 45 with no error measured with sinclair comparator.. 5 with less than .003 mm

video

Does it require you to take 2 steps backwards and bend at the knees to fully depress the handle?

It's just a matter of time before Chuck Norris is advertising the TREX press as his new ultimate workout machine.

Nice press.

Company Motto: "The T-Rex doesn't just press ammo, it smashes atoms too!"

This rig makes the Large Hadron Collider look like a tinker toy.

And who says size isn't everything! That is a really superb piece of engineering...

You know, for 500 Euros that's not a bad price either, its only a little more stretch than a Co-Ax over here.... Then again I imagine the cost goes up quite a bit with the ground survey and reinforced foundations you have to put in for that thing!
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: davide</div><div class="ubbcode-body">this is the precision I can have from this press..... I've done 50 rounds, 45 with no error measured with sinclair comparator.. 5 with less than .003 mm </div></div>

No measured runout... wow!

The Corbin Mighty Mite (70 lbs) is the closest competitor to your T Rex. These machines are designed for significantly higher tensile pressures, particularly when paired with dies of 1" and larger diameter. M.L. McPherson did a nice study of die body distortion for Precision Shooting about 10 years ago. I will try to find it if anyone is interested. Congratulations! That is a great bargain for 500 Euros.