• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Advanced Marksmanship TAB sling

Walsh

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 5, 2009
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
What is so special about these slings. Really, it seems as if this is "THE SLING" others are a waste of time.

Also, can these slings be made for a 2-point sling?

Can anyone here explain me the greatness of these slings, any experienced info would be great.

Thanks,
P.B.Walsh

Re: TAB sling

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Walsh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those things look pretty useful and tough to boot. Can this sling be used as a "2-point" sling?

Thanks,
P.B.Walsh </div></div>

How else would you use them?

I have one, and it replaced a TIS slipcuff for me.

Why I like it
-It does not change length when tightened around the arm like the TIS sipcuff
-It is much easier to tighten than the slip cuff
-It doesn't require any extra component like the TIS Quickcuff

However, I find it very uncomfortable to shoot with a sling in a t-shirt and without a glove, so it is used 99% just for carrying.

While it can be used as a two point like a vtac or vcas, the loop front precludes rapid length adjustment.

The front half of the sling here is a TAB
IMG_0630.jpg

Walsh,

I was given a TAB sling and thought "why would I want this thing?" After using it a little, I found it to pretty nice for 'tactical' competitions/style shooting because of the speed with which it can be used. Where I shoot, the prep period is very short and time between stages is even shorter. It feels like a race sometimes. I hate this about the shoots, so the TAB sling helps me. I have much more experience in NRA High Power where there is a shooting coat, plus ample and regulated prep time. For this reason, speed is the reason for the TAB sling.

When shooting prone off the bipod, the rear clip makes quick work of getting the sling off the butt end of the stock so I can get my hand on the "rear bag" without the sling in the way. After some adjusting, I got the sling set so I can sling it up quickly by running my arm through the two web straps and then cinch up on my arm with the slider. For off-hand, it unclips very quickly. For the time made available for readiness, the TAB works.

I would MUCH rather use a M1907 sling, but I take longer to get in and out of them.