• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes tactical scope performance?

psinclair

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2008
Glasgow, Montana
my question is this; when your elevation turret is adjusted to its maximun lowest setting (to allow for the most bullet impact rise) will it effect the precision of the reticle? can it effect paralax,occular clarity. will a scope perform at its best when it is optically centered?

Re: tactical scope performance?

I think it is the nature of the lense to give the best performance towards the center. Of coarse that is the rub, better optics cost more because the glass "should" be better. Top end glass should varry very little to the edge. I would put a canted base on the rifle to keep me in the mid ranges of adjustment where I will be using the scope most often. With the scope bottomed out you have very little windage adjustment as well, but usually little is needed past a good zero anyway. I don't think bottoming your turret will effect your sight picture. But at the lowest setting you might find the sight picture a little fuzzy around the bottom edge.
As always YMMV according to your scope,
Rob