• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Talley Tactical rings!

Re: Talley Tactical rings!

Well, they have an interesting twist on the Picatinny concept. Instead of a single crossbolt that fits into and across the rail slot, they have two abbreviated lugs that seem to "hug" one side of the raised portion of the Pic rail. Not sure if there is any significance there but it is unique.

I have a set and they rock. Like Scott said, they have two lugs that go on both sides of a rail lug (not sure if that's the correct way to say that). If you do have to take your scope off the return to zero is extremely close. Also, they are built stout. Quite a bit more so in the clamp area than some of the more popular rings.
Talley005Large.jpg

I bought a pair about 12-18 months ago and noticed they gouged up very easily and the base and ring screw threading was rough. I was generally unimpressed with the quality of manufacture versus the high price. Maybe I got a bad set and they've improved since then but comparatively speaking, badger, nightforce, seekins and NEAR Mfg rings are streets ahead of these, IMO.