• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Tangent Theta Gen 3 XR reticle and rimfire

I do. No issues with the really small targets. Actually that dot is probably the main reason I love that scope so much. At lower magnification. I lose the smaller dots from vortex, etc. The TT dot is easily seen down in the 15x range where I try to stay.

You have to remember that those KYL targets - the 1/4” - are on hangers that are 1/4” wide. So lining it up with the vertical line in the reticle works quite nicely.

Reactions: ZG47A and 021411
I do. No issues with the really small targets. Actually that dot is probably the main reason I love that scope so much. At lower magnification. I lose the smaller dots from vortex, etc. The TT dot is easily seen down in the 15x range where I try to stay.

You have to remember that those KYL targets - the 1/4” - are on hangers that are 1/4” wide. So lining it up with the vertical line in the reticle works quite nicely.
Nice. How’s shooting groups with it at 50?

I've only got experience running an original Premier Heritage Gen2 XLR.
Screenshot_20230402_091519_Facebook.jpg

It was fine. Parallax was less than ideal inside 50yds but I often could see the physical bullet. I always felt my ammo was the weakest link. Followed by the rifle. Then the optic distant 3rd.

Reactions: 021411
No issues with groups at 50. I prefer grids over dots/circles. Can make a one hole group most times.

I can echo the comment above about seeing the bullet in flight. That is a tie for second with the dot for the best part of the scope - to me. Toolless zero is a strong second.

I’m the weakest link in my system.

Reactions: 021411
No issues with groups at 50. I prefer grids over dots/circles. Can make a one hole group most times.

I can echo the comment above about seeing the bullet in flight. That is a tie for second with the dot for the best part of the scope - to me. Toolless zero is a strong second.

I’m the weakest link in my system.
Thanks again for the info. I have an opportunity to scratch the TT itch so I’ve been window shopping. I use a ZCO and it’s fantastic but the center dot is a wee bit too small. I’ve been back and forth between the standard 3XR dot and the fine dot model.

Reactions: Masojoh
I would own a second one if the right deal passed by. But it is so stupid easy to move from one rifle to another and then reset the turrets, I have a hard time justifying it.

I would own a second one if the right deal passed by. But it is so stupid easy to move from one rifle to another and then reset the turrets, I have a hard time justifying it.
Yeah I get it. I’m the opposite. I got tired of doing that. 🤣 It’s not big deal but just want to leave shit alone for once.

I used my tangent for a few rimfire matches, the dot is not as large as you think and it's never covered a target for me or restricted my shooting.
in ARA bemchrest where you're literally shooting at a tiny point about .100" it is a little obtrusive but even still usable, but any normal or tactical discipline it's fine.
I typically shoot on lower power like 15-20x so I find it pretty much ideal in that scope.

Reactions: ZG47A and 021411