• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Tasco World Class Spotting Scope 20-60x 80mm

From what I here it does not please a lot of folks, I have one I bought back in 1996 rubber Armoured 12-36x50 and its a totally different beast, They never were brilliant but they were Good and perfect for Field use, I love mine, and its still like new,

John

Well......as you know, the optic is selling for 123.00 on Amazon so take that with a grain of salt because as far as optics are concerned, you generally get what you pay for with very few exceptions. That being said, there are a number of good reviews for it that may give you a better idea given by those that actually bought it. JMHO but I would say it's better than nothing and I doubt you will see much detail very far and if you can, save up longer and maybe pick up a used spotter that would be better. Most of us here started out with getting what we could "afford" at the time and in the process, many of us have wasted a lot of money over the years upgrading equipment. You could always order one, look through it and if it its not what you thought, send it back.

In my humble opinion Tasco is absolute garbage

I agree, there new stuff is the Pits, but it was made for hunters who were rough on their gear or people who were just getting into shooting and at a time when 1 in 30 people had a rifle scope that was above 12 power, up until 1994 I had only seen One Leupold and One AccuRange, (the one with the rising crosshair.

I won my first medals using a tasco spotter back over 20 years ago and they were the only ones the shops stocked, I know one thing for sure my Tasco scope works better in the Dark than my other scopes and after owning it after 17 years not ONE piece of the Lense Coating has come off inside or out and 110% Blemish free,
I cant say that about my other brands that cost me 6 to 8 Times that amount,

Yes compared to Modern Optics they are Crap, But ED and HD Glass wasn't even a Dream back then , and Back in the eighties / early nineties Tasco had Taken more Game throughout the world than any other Brand, Would I buy a New One Never,
Would I Sell Never, its got the perfect Rubber Armour and the Camo is the best I have seen on a Scope unless you are in a wooded Area then Real Tree would Top it. and it is low enough so you wont get your head shot off,
The Tasco off shore 54 World Class Bino's will hold their own with the Steiner 7x50s, the down side to the 54s is the Bright Red Lense's

But people here swear by swaro and Zeiss which many claim to be Better than the mark IV which it might well be, But if the Mark IV does its job for the U.S.M.C SS and other Distinguished Gentlemen then I guess its good enough for us,

If you use The Tasco for hunting or Shooting Bigbore with peep sights and you just want to see the 2 inch marker at 1 K then they work, They are Far From Perfect but at leased you can see where you hit,, I can read Car licence plates at over 1K and under street lights I can read them at 500 yds, (couldn't do it any further coz the road ran out),

But apart from that they are Crap you are right.

john

Last edited: