• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Maggie’s Tebowing

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
Supporter
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    The new craze, like planking or Owling. Be the first on your block to ...........Tebow....

introducing_tebowing_its_like_planking_but_dumber.png

It wasn't enough that Tim Tebow(notes) dominated NFL headlines for a week with his comeback win over the Dolphins on Sunday. No, "Tebow" has to be a verb now, too.

What does it mean? To Tebow is "to get down on a knee and start praying, even if everyone else around you is doing something completely different." That's according to Tebowing.com, your new Internet home for Tebowing.

[Related: Tim Tebow's pants are up for auction on eBay

It's something that people do, like planking and owling before it, for no reason other than to take pictures of it and put those pictures on the Internet. Tebowing.com currently has seven pages full of Tebowing pictures, from the first known Tebow (not done by Tebow himself, that is) in history to Occupy Wall Street Tebowing to Grand Central Station Tebowing to jack-o-Tebowing.

Re: Tebowing

What's "planking"? I remember former Chicago Bear's player, Doug Plank, was known for launching himself in the air and spearing opponents with his helmet. Keeping with the NFL theme, is "planking" an airborne head-butt?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Natty Bumpo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's "planking"? I remember former Chicago Bear's player, Doug Plank, was known for launching himself in the air and spearing opponents with his helmet. Keeping with the NFL theme, is "planking" an airborne head-butt? </div></div>

some stupid shit that kids in high school started, you find a place that is kinda wierd like on top of a streetsighn, mc donalds bench and lay down flat to take a picture (like a plank) the wierder or harder place the better..

i have seen some pretty cool ones, but now they have taken to doing shit like disrupting businesses, and gov. offices, and traffic..

A Tide fan would definitely know a girl fag when they see one. Spelling it would be difficult for them though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ykrvak</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought Tebowing was crying like a little sissy girl fag when THE TIDE put the smack down on you.
    laugh.gif
    </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jAXDIALATION</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A Tide fan would definitely know a girl fag when they see one. Spelling it would be difficult for them though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ykrvak</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought Tebowing was crying like a little sissy girl fag when THE TIDE put the smack down on you.
    laugh.gif
    </div></div> </div></div>

ROLE TIED!!!

How dumb. Just like every other individual celebration in the NFL. I cant believe anyone cares about this under-achiever. Orton would not have fallen behind to the Fish in the first place. Screw his comback against a winless team with more problems than the clap. I feel bad for Denver fans. Its going to be a long frustrating ride with him at the helm...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: guntard007</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jAXDIALATION</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A Tide fan would definitely know a girl fag when they see one. Spelling it would be difficult for them though.

laugh.gif
    </div></div> </div></div>

ROLE TIED!!! </div></div>

LMAO.......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Crossed</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How dumb. Just like every other individual celebration in the NFL. I cant believe anyone cares about this under-achiever. Orton would not have fallen behind to the Fish in the first place. Screw his comback against a winless team with more problems than the clap. I feel bad for Denver fans. Its going to be a long frustrating ride with him at the helm... </div></div>
    <span style="font-weight: bold">Can you say playoffs coming, ya wow crazy long ride 7 games or so, you can't teach winning, </span>another hater on a kid who has been nothing but honorable

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hollowpoint</div><div class="ubbcode-body">tebow has counted to infinity... twice.</div></div>

All who "count the cost" have counted to infinity at least once.

I bet you that is someone called it praying, they would have issues with it. To each his own. Nothing wrong with someone bending a knee and offering a word of thanks or praise. Some do a dance, some spike the ball, others jump into the stands. Whatever you like to do is your business. If your heart is in the right place and you offer a word of thanks/praise then no problem. If you do it to be showy or just to do it, then it is empty and vain.

I like it better than the show boating most of the NFL players do.
    The thing that irks me most is seeing some player dancing around, doing all the celebration moves, when he made a decent play.....EVEN WHEN the team is behind 48-0 with 30 seconds left on the clock in Q4!

Bottom line is that we all have certain "rituals" that we live by daily. Whether it is a prayer or a press check, it still gives us piece of mind and comfort.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fYSRiz52exk"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fYSRiz52exk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

He gets allot of grief but he didn't start it. His resume is impressive coming into the NFL.

2005 Elite 11
    2007 Heisman Trophy
    2007 Associated Press College Football Player of the Year Award
    2007 College Football Quarterback of the Year Award
    2x Maxwell Award (2007, 2008)
    2007 Davey O'Brien Award
    2007 Sullivan Award
    2008 Manning Award
    2008 Wuerffel Trophy
    2x National Champion (2006, 2008)
    2008, 2009 Heisman Trophy finalist
    2009 BCS National Championship Game MVP
    2010 Allstate Sugar Bowl MVP

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dieselgeek</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fYSRiz52exk"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fYSRiz52exk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

Thank you. This should have been posted right away.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jimmy M40a2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He gets allot of grief but he didn't start it. His resume is impressive coming into the NFL.

2005 Elite 11
    2007 Heisman Trophy
    2007 Associated Press College Football Player of the Year Award
    2007 College Football Quarterback of the Year Award
    2x Maxwell Award (2007, 2008)
    2007 Davey O'Brien Award
    2007 Sullivan Award
    2008 Manning Award
    2008 Wuerffel Trophy
    2x National Champion (2006, 2008)
    2008, 2009 Heisman Trophy finalist
    2009 BCS National Championship Game MVP