Hunting & Fishing texas is heating up

Tikkad

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2010
Abilene texas
I was out on my hunting grounds this weekend and it looks like as the weather is going down the deer heat is going up. i had a friend out last weekend and he shot his first deer, just a doe 100 yard shot i had him use my 300wby because i wanted to see terminal ballistics and bullet effect of some new 200 grain partitions i had been working on for another hunt. this weekend i sat up in the stand. I had 11 bucks come in 7 of which went to the same licking branch and had to get up on there hind legs for. That was pretty neat. nothing really caught my eye. I was at full draw on a very old 6 point for a management buck but he was on a does trail. he kept moving i let my draw off. as soon as i did a 2.5 year old doe walked out. we are a bit behind on our doe tags and the hunt was almost over. also it just looked like some great medallion sirloin steaks for dinner. by the time she got simmered down i let an arrow fly a little further than i normally like. but it was a perfect shot right behind the fold of the shoulder and 42 yards. the muzzy 3 blade did its job. she ran about 10 yards i watchers her to the shaky dance and then to the ground she went. the fun part was trying to get her on the roof rack of my xterra alone...

Re: texas is heating up

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tikka'd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">our property is on MLD Permit level 3. we start rifle hunting the 1st of october and go till the last day of February.
</div></div>

Damn thats a long rifle season I can see where I need to move too! I took the last week of archery off from work and the rut still hasn't picked up in my area I hope it does soon though