Thank You

VegasHKShooter

Always Learning
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2013
Las Vegas, Nv
Just wanted to say thank you to The Hide in general, and especially the Long Range and ELR folks.

My my background is in LE, where I am a full time F/A instructor. I shoot 3 Gun regularly, and I dabble in long range rifle. I have to say, I have learned SO much here on the Hide. When I started getting into long range, 500 was good for me. I started reading, studying, learning. I went to classes and started building my knowledge base. I knew my comfort level was always in the AR zone. Everyone said that gassers were harder to shoot long range, but that's what I cut my teeth on, so I had a GA Precision GAP-10 built. My thought process was that if I was going to do it, do it right. Go all in the first time, and never think back and say "what if?" My GAP-10 is a 6.5 CM With a 22" barrel. Next up: glass. Again, buy once cry once. I went all in on a S&B PMII 5-25 Gen 2 XR. I wanted "the best". I know that is super subjective, but not many would argue about the capabilities of a GA Precision GAP-10 with an S&B 5-25. Maybe not everyone's best, but certainly no slouch.
I then did the unthinkable: I went and shot it.....a bunch. 100-200-500, I learned my gun. I learned my system. I bought a range finder, got the Ballistic Advantage app for my phone, and just started putting in the time.

I started getting comfortable at 300, then 500, suddenly, 1000 wasn't that tough. Today, I'm super proud to say, I was going 4-5 and then 5-6 at 1250 yds. I've had several friends help me, and I've been here on The Hide learning. I wasn't exactly a novice to shooting, just newer to L/R or ELR.

I want to to thank everyone here that contributes. I know I don't have a high post count, but believe me, I've been around. My first true love is still 3 Gun, but long range is definitely catching up.

That's great to hear. Many "pearls of wisdom" here on the hide, the combined experience & knowledge & the help available is really quite amazing at times. Sounds like you found a home! Wouldn't surprise me to hear soon you've bought a bolt gun as well..:)