The 2024 IR 50/50 Nationals Fairchance Gun Club Pa. 27-28- and 29 September 2024 (Things you may want to know)

tonykharper

Private
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2019
My first post covered what you need to know so now I'm going to add some things you may want to know.

The classes:

I realize this is old hat for many readers but perhaps there are some that do not know about IR 50/50 classes.

The IR 50/50 Sporter is the most evolved RFBR rifle we shoot today. Many believe it rivals the accuracy of our much heavier rifles including the unlimited rifles.

The sporter cannot weigh more than 7.5 lbs. including the scope. The scope cannot be more than 6.5 power. It has to have a wooden stock, and the forearm cannot be flat, or more than 2 1/4 inches wide. It must be shot off sandbags front and rear. It has to have a clip that will hold at least three rounds. It cannot have a separate tuner or muzzle device.

Even with all of these restrictions you will be amazed by how well some guys can shoot these sporters.

The 10.5 lb. rifle is only restricted in weight but also must be shot off sandbags front and rear. No scope power restrictions.

The 13.5 lb. rifle cannot weigh more than 13.5 lbs. and must also be shot off sandbags front and rear.

Most guys use their 10.5 lb. rifle for the 10.5 lb. class and the 13.5 lb. class. It has been debated for years if doing that puts you at a disadvantage.

If the rifles you own don't meet these restrictions don't worry.

The unlimited class is just that unlimited. Basically, if you can drag it to the bench, you can shoot it.

The factory class: Is not covered in the current rulebook but
I received this from a Match Director friend, so I think it is accurate.

Factory: Rifle must be of a factory produced action with a matched factory stamped barrel, and a factory stock. No custom manufactured actions, barrels or stocks. No Vudoo or any other custom barreled rifles. Two-piece rest setup required. Rear Rest must be full rear sandbag. Rear bag needs to be 3X3" minimum and filled with sand or heavy sand. No thin sandbags attached to a hard material. No mechanical rear rest, sandbags only. Front rest may not be attached to the bench. No tuners. The barrel must be made out of one piece of metal with no attachments except for the action. , a nut to secure the barrel to the action, and the factory thread protector for threaded barrels. Factory sights are allowed and do not have to be removed. Use of electronic or remotely actuated triggers is prohibited.

TKH

Last edited: