• We're Extending The Deal: Get 30% Off Your Sub With Code HIDE30

We're only offering the deal for another 24 hours!

Subscribe

The Best Entry Reloading Kit For .308?

Re: The Best Entry Reloading Kit For .308?

I use a Lee press, dies, and case prep tools... and a smartreloader isd powder dispenser/scale combo...

I have a Lee safety prime on my press, but some people like a hand primer

and I use a Lyman tumbler...

I started w/ the Lee kit and a set of Lee dies years ago... the scale that came w/ the kit was a balance beam scale and it came w/ a powder dispenser... only thing I felt a need to upgrade was to the electronic powder dispenser...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cwatson308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whats the best kit to get started with? I want to reload .308 and .300win mag. </div></div>

Not trying to be a dick here, but when you ask a question like this, the first helpful thing for us would be your budget. Then, let us know some of your habits.

Are you a slob at home? Do you have a clinical case of severe AADD? Are you always feeling that you're rushed, or you don't have the time to sit for a couple/few hours? Are you forgetful by nature? Do you have an aptitude for math and physics? Are you good with using hand tools?

Not everybody's cut out for the reloading hobby, is my point with the above questions.

Are you mechanically inclined and a quick learner?

If so, you might just move into a progressive press, like I did and make that work from the start.

If you're a slow learner, or you need lots of time to grasp certain concepts, maybe a single stage is best for you, as each step is performed at one time, instead of 4-5 steps going on with each pull of the handle.

Much like with guns, bullets, women and cars, there is no BEST reloading gear.

There are just preferences and opinions and certain degrees of difficulty that might work for one guy and not the other.

More info is needed.

Chris

Ok well in that case I do alot of long distance shooting/urban sniper operations. I am a sniper with my department and have about 600 spent hornady/FGMM caseings sitting in my safe. I pick up things quickly as long as I have to tools to do so. I am looking to reload in order to save on training costs since I do 50% of it on our ranch. So I guess the better question is whats the better way of getting into reloading. Ive seen kits online that have 98% of the items needed to get started.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cwatson308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok well in that case I do alot of long distance shooting/urban sniper operations. I am a sniper with my department and have about 600 spent hornady/FGMM caseings sitting in my safe. I pick up things quickly as long as I have to tools to do so. I am looking to reload in order to save on training costs since I do 50% of it on our ranch. So I guess the better question is whats the better way of getting into reloading. Ive seen kits online that have 98% of the items needed to get started. </div></div>

What's your budget?

$400, $800, $1000+?

You want to shoot longer ranges and that's fine.

The RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme Master kit can be had for $300, or less, with coupons and LEO discounts.

That kit can get you on your way, but you'll need dies, a tumbler, a trimmer, some gages that will help you, maybe another manual or two and some other assorted tools.

Figure that you'll 'want' to spend another $300-$500 after you buy that kit.

Hornady, RCBS, maybe Lyman and Lee all make 'kits' that contain many components that'll you'll need to get your foot in the door.

Of those kits, were it my money, I'd go with Hornady, or RCBS and they are all single stage presses, so they'll be slower, which may aid in teaching you the ropes.

I went with a Dillon 550b progressive press back in '95 and taught myself the ropes using Handguns magazine,the Speer #12 and the Nosler IV manuals.

I didn't get a computer until '97-'98.

Chris

BEST is a very subjective word. I can say that I've owned more expensive equipment, but I went with Lee several years ago and haven't regretted anything. All quality stuff that's actually affordable. I have the Classic Cast, but I really prefer using my Challenger Breech Lock better because it allows me to FEEL the sizing and seating much better. Take in mind, I shoot mostly bolts so I neck size as much as possible. There's no way I'd go back to any press that doesn't have quick-change ability. All my dies are Lee. I do have the Hornady concentricity gauge, but one doesn't need that when getting started. $ for $...a LEE Challenger kit is tough to beat.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cwatson308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I am looking to reload <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">in order to save on training costs</span></span> since I do 50% of it on our ranch. So I guess the better question is whats the better way of getting into reloading. Ive seen kits online that have 98% of the items needed to get started. </div></div>

kits are for suckers.

you will not save any money reloading. Perhaps if you value your time <span style="font-weight: bold">at nothing</span> , you might then save a dollar or two. If you paid yourself minimum wage, you'd end up spending more on your handloads. If you end up loading fast, then the quality will be low. You might be willing to compromise.

One factor in picking the "best" setup is to decide not what you want to do initially but what you expect your "hobby" to evolve into.

Want to build a few rounds for hunting and maybe a couple target practice sessions, most every single stage press out there with a powder measure, scale, caliper and basic case prep tools will do it. Go buy a Lee Anniversary Kit for just over $100.

If you expect to compete and want to hand craft "perfect ammo" then look at a more durable RCBS, Lyman, or Hornady press, a better quality scale, powder measure, etc.

If you have an autoloader and want to build massive quantities of ammo for your .308, then get out the Wallet, Checkbook, or Credit Card and look at a nice progressive from Hornady or Dillon.

The range of prices from the "Beginner Kit" to the "Full production Ammo Factory" can range from $100+ all the way up to the $2k range.

The average "quality" startup package with good press, accessories, and dies will run the average person around $300-$500.

Start with a book like the "ABC's of Reloading" and then you'll be able to decide better for yourself what suits your needs and budget.

My first/only reloading press was/still is a secondhand Dillon RL550B, bought some time back in the early 1990's.

It was a bargain for the ages.

IMHO the real advantage of the progressive press is the time saving involved. Progressive loading can produce some very reliable and consistent ammo without expending a year and a day in the process.

If you slow down the process to hand weight each charge instead of just taking what the measure drops, you will gain more confidence, but my experience, test weighing dropped charges at random, convinces me that hand weighing isn't really all that much better than simply going ahead with full progressive mode.

A well developed load will tolerate the small charge weight variances that the automatic measure delivers.

Greg

I got started a few years ago, I ended up loading with friends trying to figure out what exactly I wanted. No kit had that for me.

On my bench for my presicion and hunting stuff I use.
Forster Co/Ax press
Redding dies
Hornady powder measurer
Redding trickler
Redding scale
RCBS hand primer
Lyman case prep center
Wilson case trimmer
A micrometer from Lowes (kobalt)
Lyman vibrating cleaner

I got a lot of my stuff on sale and used and picked it up in about a years time.

Reloading is a fun but very time consuming hobby that supports another hobby.

I just bought a $300 chargemaster that has made my reloading SOOO much better! In the end, to NOT spend a ton of time with it you have to spend the money on some key items. This chargemaster is one thing I will not want to go without now that I have seen the light.

Honestly, in your shoes where you have a bunch of brass I would send it to SW Ammo to reload and save yourself time, money and frustration. They are doing it for .60 cents a round now and that's counting the primer, powder, bullet and all the labor that goes into getting brass up to snuff(which can be a lot)!

I worked it out last night after prepping a bunch of my own brass for 4 hours and I'm saving 12 cents per round reloading vs. sending it to South West at that price! That is not much.Box it up, send it off and shoot more!

The only advantage other than some cost savings to reloading is being able to tune a load to your specific gun, but many rifles shoot good factory match ammo almost as well(like SW Ammo's, or FGGM) as handloaded stuff.

If you want another hobby, and want the satisfaction of crafting your own ammo, by all means start reloading.

If your goal is to get good quality practice ammo and save money at the same time, I don't see any downfall to sending that brass to SW, unless possible wait times concern you.

RCBS Rockchucker master reloading kit, or the Hornady starter kit. I think there are two Hornady starter kits, just depends on your budget.

***Thread Hijack Alert****
What is this South West ammo you speak of. I have TONS of brass that I will never reload due to time and was looking for something to do with it. Is this the place that will trade old brass for new reloaded brass? Thanks, and now back to the thread

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Munson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">***Thread Hijack Alert****
What is this South West ammo you speak of. I have TONS of brass that I will never reload due to time and was looking for something to do with it. Is this the place that will trade old brass for new reloaded brass? Thanks, and now back to the thread </div></div>

This goes to the OP as well so not TOO much of a Hijack. I just saw it linked in another thread here that South West ammo, a Hide sponsor is reloading your once fired brass for .60 cents per round. I'm sure it will be extremely popular, so jump on it now if you are considering it. I don't know details on what powder, or projectile they are loading, but I assume it's match. I have no affiliation with them, but think it's a great idea.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...971#Post3580971

Lee Loadmaster. For around $250 you get everything you need to make one cal. It's a progressive press so you make 5 rounds at a time. All you need is primer, cases, powder and bullets. There are great set up videos on YouTube. There is even a stand for it if you don't want to attach it to a bench. I use it so I can move it around my shop when I need the space.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cwatson308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whats the best kit to get started with? I want to reload .308 and .300win mag. </div></div>
Find some friends or a local club to teach you what is involved so you can see what you are jumping into before you spend a bunch of money on reloading tools. Once you have some experience loading some ammo and have a handle on it make a decision on making your own or just buying it from Southwest Ammo for less than $1 per round and $0.60 per reload using your own fired brass.

There is more to reloading than you might think and the safety and liability issues are significant for LE. Additionally for LE there may be liability issues using reloaded ammo in a duty weapon possibly even just for practice.

HTH!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChrisGarrett</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you're a slow learner, or you need lots of time to grasp certain concepts, maybe a single stage is best for you.</div></div>

Did you just call everyone with a single stage press stupid!?

tumblr_maq1fvxi8N1rhsh6ho1_250.gif

Back to the OP - Your better off piecing the gear together yourself. I never could find a one-size-fits-all kit that was my size, and most the kits have low quality pieces. I have talked to several guys that started off with kits and at this point they have replaced everything that was originally in the kit except for the press. "Buy once cry once" applies to reloading gear as well. Look long enough and you will find good deals.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RedGoat</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChrisGarrett</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you're a slow learner, or you need lots of time to grasp certain concepts, maybe a single stage is best for you.</div></div>

<span style="color: #3366FF">Where did I use the word "stupid", or even allude to somebody being mentally challenged?

Single stage presses operate in a certain way where that way is condusive to beginners learning each step at one moment in time and this aids them in learning the fundemantals at a slower pace.

Talk about a reading comprehension disaster, lol.

Chris</span>

Back to the OP - Your better off piecing the gear together yourself. I never could find a one-size-fits-all kit that was my size, and most the kits have low quality pieces. I have talked to several guys that started off with kits and at this point they have replaced everything that was originally in the kit except for the press. "Buy once cry once" applies to reloading gear as well. Look long enough and you will find good deals. </div></div>

Dictionary definition of stupid:

1. lacking ordinary quickness and keenness of mind; dull.

You said slow learner, that takes lots of time to grasp something. So sorry I used a synonym. You need to brush up on your reading comprehension and pick up a thesaurus. Learn to take a joke, and stop being such a PRESSist...

You could get a lee anniversary kit or one of those RCBS kits to get started. If your really into it though you will quickly find hundred dollar bills finding their way to Giraud, Harrells, RCBS charge master, Redding maybe even Dillon. Or you can buy about $5,000 worth of. 308 bullets and call it good.... It looks like a harmless white bunny rabbit , but it's got fangs like...I'm warning you. Ahhhhh....

single stage will make more accurate ammo if you put the time into it. i went with the lee breechlock kit. only use the press and dies now...

if i were to do it over, i would get the RCBS rock chucker kit. like has been said, you wont save money reloading but you will gain better quality ammo and knowledge that you made it happen. about the only way to sweeten the pot would be to build your own gun with Mr. Gradous.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RedGoat</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChrisGarrett</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you're a slow learner, or you need lots of time to grasp certain concepts, maybe a single stage is best for you.</div></div>

Back to the OP - Your better off piecing the gear together yourself. I never could find a one-size-fits-all kit that was my size, and most the kits have low quality pieces. I have talked to several guys that started off with kits and at this point they have replaced everything that was originally in the kit except for the press. "Buy once cry once" applies to reloading gear as well. Look long enough and you will find good deals. </div></div>
No. He said if the OP is a slow learner maybe a single stage press is the right choice for him.

Owning both I have to agree. LOL!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Twitch2120</div><div class="ubbcode-body">single stage will make more accurate ammo if you put the time into it. i went with the lee breechlock kit. only use the press and dies now...

if i were to do it over, i would get the RCBS rock chucker kit. like has been said, you wont save money reloading but you will gain better quality ammo and knowledge that you made it happen. about the only way to sweeten the pot would be to build your own gun with Mr. Gradous. </div></div>
The above post is a fine example of slow learner thinking.

It is entirely possible even easy to produce extremely high precision rifle ammunition on a progressive press when setup well and used with appropriate workflow and production care. As a matter of fact there are MANY nationally competitive rifle shooters using Dillon presses to produce their ammunition. Just ask John Whidden or anybody here on the Hide who has a Dillon 550 setup properly. A well setup Dillon 550 can produce ammunition that is as good or better than ammunition produced on any mass produced and commercially available single stage press.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RedGoat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dictionary definition of stupid:

You said slow learner, that takes lots of time to grasp something. So sorry I used a synonym. You need to brush up on your reading comprehension and pick up a thesaurus. Learn to take a joke, and stop being such a PRESSist... </div></div>

Sorry bud, words are defined by their context and I would never recommend that a stupid person take up reloading, even with a SS press. It's just not safe.

Sarcasm doesn't play well in the written world, either.

Toddles.

Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2clicks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You could get a lee anniversary kit or one of those RCBS kits to get started. If your really into it though you will quickly find hundred dollar bills finding their way to Giraud, Harrells, RCBS charge master, Redding maybe even Dillon. Or you can buy about $5,000 worth of. 308 bullets and call it good.... It looks like a harmless white bunny rabbit , but it's got fangs like...I'm warning you. Ahhhhh.... </div></div>
But I already bought a case of 5,000 rounds and in the end they were all empty cases with no place to go and I still need more ammo. Reloading while not exactly cheap or money saving can produce much better shooting ammunition for any given task.

As others have said don't even dream of saving any money it will not happen.

HTH!

Loading magnum cartridges on MOST progressives can be problematic.
I have one of these:
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/317831/lee-classic-cast-single-stage-press

It is .50 BMG rated and works very well.

I don't use the primer cups, I use an auto-prime.

I also use the lee safety scale, it is a very good scale, though not intuitive and lacks instructions. It is intended that you set you desired charge and lock the slider in position.

Coupled with a lee deluxe die set and factory crimp die, I have loaded VERY accurate ammo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YAOG</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Twitch2120</div><div class="ubbcode-body">single stage will make more accurate ammo if you put the time into it. i went with the lee breechlock kit. only use the press and dies now...

if i were to do it over, i would get the RCBS rock chucker kit. like has been said, you wont save money reloading but you will gain better quality ammo and knowledge that you made it happen. about the only way to sweeten the pot would be to build your own gun with Mr. Gradous. </div></div>

It is entirely possible even easy to produce extremely high precision rifle ammunition on a progressive press when setup well and used with appropriate workflow and production care. As a matter of fact there are MANY nationally competitive rifle shooters using Dillon presses to produce their ammunition. Just ask John Whidden or anybody here on the Hide who has a Dillon 550 setup properly. A well setup Dillon 550 can produce ammunition that is as good or better than ammunition produced on any mass produced and commercially available single stage press.

</div></div>
if you do it on a progressive one case at a time then you defeat the purpose of such a press. if you batch load 100 rds and call it good, you defeat the purpose of a progressive. i dont shoot nearly enough to justify one so i stick with a single stage. also calling people slow is a pretty dick thing to do. not everyone has the cash to invest in a $500 dillon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Twitch2120</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YAOG</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Twitch2120</div><div class="ubbcode-body">single stage will make more accurate ammo if you put the time into it. i went with the lee breechlock kit. only use the press and dies now...

</div></div>
if you do it on a progressive one case at a time then you defeat the purpose of such a press. if you batch load 100 rds and call it good, you defeat the purpose of a progressive. i dont shoot nearly enough to justify one so i stick with a single stage. also calling people slow is a pretty dick thing to do. not everyone has the cash to invest in a $500 dillon. </div></div>

Where progressives shine is when somebody goes to load pistol ammo, where case trimming and lubing aren't required.

Most of us here using progressives for bottle neck carts, generally use them in a semi-single stage manner and they're still faster than a SS press.

What I mean by this is that we can size/deprime and then trim. After trimming is done, we can put them in the press and prime them, then charge them with the measure and finally seat and/or crimp.

They're still faster than a single stage press because we're doing at least 2, possibly 3 steps (sans crimping) with a single pull of the handle.

Now, if somebody is bulk reloading and you say that you don't do too much more than 100 at a stretch, we can use something like One Shot, which is inert and doesn't need to be tumbled off and go to town, doing all four, or five steps in a single pull.

Even loading rifle rounds, progressives are still faster.

I think that this 'slow' tangent comes from my reply to the OP and it's not a question of being 'stupid', or not. It's just that some people like to take things at a more leisurely pace--doing each step at a time and others can handle the work load and do multiple steps at a time, thereby saving time.

There is no reason that a progressive press can't load ammo equally as accurate as a single stage press, so there must be another reason why some gravitate to that SS press?

Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fdkay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Loading magnum cartridges on MOST progressives can be problematic.
I have one of these:

I also use the lee safety scale, it is a very good scale, though not intuitive and lacks instructions. It is intended that you set you desired charge and lock the slider in position.

Coupled with a lee deluxe die set and factory crimp die, I have loaded VERY accurate ammo. </div></div>
When did the .308Win become a magnum cartridge?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Twitch2120</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YAOG</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Twitch2120</div><div class="ubbcode-body">single stage will make more accurate ammo if you put the time into it. i went with the lee breechlock kit. only use the press and dies now...

</div></div>
if you do it on a progressive one case at a time then you defeat the purpose of such a press. if you batch load 100 rds and call it good, you defeat the purpose of a progressive. i dont shoot nearly enough to justify one so i stick with a single stage. also calling people slow is a pretty dick thing to do. not everyone has the cash to invest in a $500 dillon. </div></div>
What do you think the purpose of a progressive press is? As far as I know the purpose of a progressive press is to do the same thing a single stage press does with the option to do it much faster. How does loading a batch of 100 rounds on a progressive press defeat the purpose of a progressive press?

If you shoot so little wouldn't it be simpler and easier to buy your ammo from a good custom loader like Southwest Ammo? They have a pretty good deal send them your fired brass and they reload it for .60 per round and then send it back to you.

Who called anyone slow? I just used your post as an example of slow learner thinking. Aside from most of us here on the Hide having one what does a dick have to do with anything in this thread?

When I bought the Dillon there was no such thing as a Dillon 550 yet. But the 550 came out shortly after I bought that first Dillon and Dillon offered to buy back and upgrade my almost new Dillon press to a Dillon 550 and all together it only cost me $130 total and I split that with my little brother. Since then we have loaded a couple of boat loads of .38, .357, 9mm, .45 and .308 ammunition over the last 35 or so years. We continue to load .308 rounds using the Dillon 550 and we still shoot together all the time. The Dillon 550 progressive press has proven to have been a very good investment. As Mit Romney might say I can't help it if there are poor people they should get a job or get a cheaper hobby.

The cost of building a good quality reloading system around a good quality single stage press works out to be about the same as building an equally good quality reloading system around a Dillon 550 progressive press. With all of the items needed to assemble a truly high precision system the fact of the matter is the cost of a press is only a small part of the cost of building a quality reloading system. Why be limited to a single stage press when a minimally configured Dillon 550 progressive press costs the same as a good single stage press? Get outside of your box and go progressive. Seriously, do it some way other than just missionary.

Here is my vintage Dillon press as it is used today. I've updated the press slightly with some modifications to improve consistency and ease of use. The Redding Instant Comparator is used for dimensional inspection during case operations and bullet seating. The Redding Instant Comparator proves that finished rounds made on this Dillon 550 are all precisely the same dimension as my finished round dimensional targets. I use a Sinclair concentricity gauge to confirm case and bullet runout are within my TIR specs.

dillion550btoolhead.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChrisGarrett</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RedGoat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dictionary definition of stupid:

You said slow learner, that takes lots of time to grasp something. So sorry I used a synonym. You need to brush up on your reading comprehension and pick up a thesaurus. Learn to take a joke, and stop being such a PRESSist... </div></div>

Sorry bud, words are defined by their context and I would never recommend that a stupid person take up reloading, even with a SS press. It's just not safe.

Sarcasm doesn't play well in the written world, either.

Toddles.

Chris </div></div>

None of your words were taken out of context. You flat out said, "If you're a slow learner, or you need lots of time to grasp certain concepts," which can literally be used as the definition of the word stupid, "lacking ordinary quickness and keenness of mind." I think you have a negative connotation of what the word stupid means; it's nothing more than someone who is a slow learner.

If anything you took my statement out of context. Yes I agree that sarcasm is hard to detect in the written word, but when the statement is accompanied with a gif of a little black kid yelling a madeup word I figured you would have pickup on it. Sorry I didn't make the sarcasm more clear for those of you who need lots of time to grasp certain concepts....

Back to the OP. If your plan is just to load the .308/300wm and accuracy is your main concern I would stick with a single stage press. Go find yourself a co-ax and some good quality equipment. You will spend more than you would on a kit, but you won't regret it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YAOG</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fdkay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Loading magnum cartridges on MOST progressives can be problematic.
I have one of these:

Coupled with a lee deluxe die set and factory crimp die, I have loaded VERY accurate ammo. </div></div>
<span style="color: #CC0000">When did the .308Win become a magnum cartridge?

</span>
</div></div>

Gee, smart ass, are you saying you were giving advice without even reading his question?

Re: The Best Entry Reloading Kit For .308 .300WMag

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fdkay</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YAOG</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fdkay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Loading magnum cartridges on MOST progressives can be problematic.
I have one of these:

<span style="color: #CC0000">When did the .308Win become a magnum cartridge?

</span>
</div></div>

Gee, smart ass, are you saying you were giving advice without even reading his question? </div></div>
Yes I read the original post but I was going by the subject line. It was so many thoughts ago I forgot he also wanted to load .300WM sorry about that fdkay!