the escalation is growing

mosin46

Sergeant
Minuteman
Supporter
Aug 11, 2010
florida 32621
seeing aoc has started an effort in the house to impeach thomas and alito. likely go nowhere there. ie if the traitor johnson doesn't support it on the QT. it would likely fly in the communist senate. truth is i don't know why thomas doesn't say F it and retire. he is 76 yo and stress isn't contributing to his longevity. don't always like his decisions but he is one of the outstanding patriots of the modern era. he has done as much as any man can do to save the republic. afraid he is not gonna be successful.

the total takeover efforts continue and will escalate. i'm sure aoc didn't think this up. she is not capable of thought. but i am sure she was easily enticed with promises of big rewards to come.

Reactions: Emerson0311
AOC is a barking dog with big store bought boobs.
1720666773992.png

Allegedly most of you guys are all grown up now.

Are you seriously manipulated by 2 sacks of fatty tissue that serve no purpose other than feeding a newborn child ?

Damn, and to think you morons vote.

It's all just theater to take the attention off the babbling geriatric patient who got his ass kicked at the debate.

My guess is they can't cheat enough so they have to get the whackos to come out of the woodwork and vote

Reactions: Mwalex

Are you seriously manipulated by 2 sacks of fatty tissue that serve no purpose other than feeding a newborn child ?

I can help you ease your discomfort and offer advice.

Go and have a candle-lit dinner with Steve and pick out the track lighting you have always wanted.

You think guys that like boobs are stupid?

I tend to think that unlike the typical Biden voter, at least we like boobs on adult women.

Reactions: Stevo86
I don't want Thomas to retire until Trump can get in and replace him.
Unfortunately, Trump will not replace him with another Justice like Clarence Thomas. Trump said he would appoint Justices in the mold of Scalia, and that is what he did.

All three Trump appointees joined the left in the Rahimi decision, which basically says that the Bruen standard does not mean what it says anymore. It had a good two year run, but Bruen is dead.

Justices in the mold of Scalia are better than Biden appointees, for sure, on many issues, but when it came to the very first difficult case on the Second Amendment, they all joined the Justices on the far left.

Only Justice Thomas stood his ground and wrote that Bruen meant what it said. 8-1, Justice Thomas was all alone.

I will cry and get drunk the day Clarence Thomas dies, and maybe every anniversary of his death day thereafter until I am also put in the ground.

Your comprehension of the Rahami decision is weak, at best.

Use your YouTube fu:

“Four boxes diner rahami”

And sit back and learn.

Or read the decision here: https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/23pdf/22-915_8o6b.pdf

Rahami is a very narrow decision that says only that when a person is disarmed AFTER they have had their day in court, the Court may TEMPORARILY disarm the individual for the period where they are shown to be an active threat to others. The decision makes pains to employ “only” in the summary, and to accentuate TEMPORARY as a remedy.

Rahimi establishes that individuals who have not been found IN A HEARING IN A COURT to be dangerous may not be disarmed.

Rahimi is a good thing.

Last edited:
Your comprehension of the Rahami decision is weak, at best.

Use your YouTube fu:

“Four boxes diner rahami”

And sit back and learn.

Or read the decision here: https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/23pdf/22-915_8o6b.pdf

Rahami is a very narrow decision that says only that when a person is disarmed AFTER they have had their day in court, the Court may TEMPORARILY disarm the individual for the period where they are shown to be an active threat to others. The decision makes pains to employ “only” in the summary, and to accentuate TEMPORARY as a remedy.

Rahimi establishes that individuals who have not been found IN A HEARING IN A COURT to be dangerous may not be disarmed.

Rahimi is a good thing.

Ha! I have read the entire thing, including Thomas's dissent.

You missed the point.

Yes, I understand what the basic holding is. That is not what my post is about. Maybe it is your understanding of my post that is weak, not my understanding of Rahimi.

I will try to make it very plain for you this time: Rahimi undermined the Bruen decision. It loosened the standard that was causing federal laws to be struck down in the lower courts. Then the Supreme Court sent all of the pending cases on the Second Amendment back to the lower courts to re-examine them in light of the holding in Rahimi. <--- These cases do not involve the "very narrow decision" that you claim is all we need to know about Rahimi.

So what is really going on?

Rahimi changed the standard of review, the yardstick by which the courts are to measure laws and regulations under the Second Amendment, and it changed the standard drastically.

The "analogous" law from the eighteenth century can now be a little piece of this law, another little piece of that law from the nineteenth century, neither of which disarms anybody, but they can still be argued, successfully, to permit disarming completely under a modern law. And Rahimi tells lower courts to completely disregard Bruen's instruction that if the Founding generation had a similar problem but chose a different method to deal with it, then the modern law is probably unconstitutional.

Maybe you should read the case again and not look for just the basic holding, which you can get on a 9th grade reading level from any news media article, but read it for how the Court got there. Of course, first you have to read and understand Bruen, or you won't know what they are changing.

Then make sure to read closely Thomas's dissent in Rahimi. After all, he wrote the Bruen decision. The other eight Justices are basically saying Bruen did not mean what it plainly says. Thomas is saying, Bruen means exactly what it says and Rahimi abandons it.

I am sure you think your depth of understanding is more than Justice Thomas, but my guess is that you haven't even read the case, or Justice Thomas's dissent.

Do so. You might be surprised what you learn.

You’re right, I was wrong.

When Thomas dissents, I should have known to start there.

Ha! I have read the entire thing, including Thomas's dissent.

You missed the point.

Yes, I understand what the basic holding is. That is not what my post is about. Maybe it is your understanding of my post that is weak, not my understanding of Rahimi.

I will try to make it very plain for you this time: Rahimi undermined the Bruen decision. It loosened the standard that was causing federal laws to be struck down in the lower courts. Then the Supreme Court sent all of the pending cases on the Second Amendment back to the lower courts to re-examine them in light of the holding in Rahimi. <--- These cases do not involve the "very narrow decision" that you claim is all we need to know about Rahimi.

So what is really going on?

Rahimi changed the standard of review, the yardstick by which the courts are to measure laws and regulations under the Second Amendment, and it changed the standard drastically.

The "analogous" law from the eighteenth century can now be a little piece of this law, another little piece of that law from the nineteenth century, neither of which disarms anybody, but they can still be argued, successfully, to permit disarming completely under a modern law. And Rahimi tells lower courts to completely disregard Bruen's instruction that if the Founding generation had a similar problem but chose a different method to deal with it, then the modern law is probably unconstitutional.

Maybe you should read the case again and not look for just the basic holding, which you can get on a 9th grade reading level from any news media article, but read it for how the Court got there. Of course, first you have to read and understand Bruen, or you won't know what they are changing.

Then make sure to read closely Thomas's dissent in Rahimi. After all, he wrote the Bruen decision. The other eight Justices are basically saying Bruen did not mean what it plainly says. Thomas is saying, Bruen means exactly what it says and Rahimi abandons it.

I am sure you think your depth of understanding is more than Justice Thomas, but my guess is that you haven't even read the case, or Justice Thomas's dissent.

Do so. You might be surprised what you learn.

Reactions: Ronws