• We're live!

We've got the homepage updated and subscriptions are now managed through HideTV. If you run into any bugs please contact @alexj-12 or use our contact form for help!

ENTER HIDETV VIEW THREAD

The Everyday Sniper Podcast: Defiance Action 18 Month Follow Up

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com

The Everyday Sniper Podcast: Defiance Action 18 Month Follow Up

It's been close to 18 months since Bob Beck and Eric Stecker bought Defiance Actions and it looked like the Internet was going to explode. The Internet drama machined ramped up into overdrive and since that time it's been pretty quiet.

During my last podcast with Team POI we touched on Defiance and what happened in terms of logistics and material support. Cole quickly changed the subject which lead to a phone call from Competition Shooter Nick Gardazi. Nick asked if I would open to having Bob Beck from Extreme Outer Limits on the show, which of course.

After a short back and forth, we landed, Nick, Bob and Eric on the Everyday Sniper podcast to talk about the transition during the initial moments they bought Defiance through today. Areas of discussion with this episode include:

• Initial Purchase of McMillan Stocks
    • The Decision to Purchase Defiance
    • The Reality of buying Defiance
    • The Initial Fallout of buying Defiance
    • Where Defiance is today
    • Where Defiance will go on July 1 2024
    There is a little bit of business talk when it comes too the financial reality of buying Defiance Actions, however this adds important context to the steps that were taken immediately afterward that angered the shooting community

This was an honest and open discussion, I did not feel anyone was overly defensive which to me was a good sign. And the anticipation of what they are doing moving forward as well as a look where they need to be as a team player.

The key was Builder Network, how does a company supply and manage the builder network as that is where the problems arise. Delays in stocks, delays in actions, delays in barrels all add up. The model is support the builder network with best practices moving forward and it looks like they have a plan.

Thanks for listening, thanks for sharing, and thanks for being a part of the everyday sniper podcast.

https://defiancemachine.com/

Reactions: kthomas
    Appreciate the clear retrospective. I was definitely frustrated to see the cost increase and the transfer because it wasn't clear that Defiance was gonna go bankrupt.

I think a lot of people didn't understand that it was headed to straight up closure. From the outside the communications - whether right or wrong - felt like a corperate raid.

I'm my mind, as a 6x repeat action customer, this level of transparency is helpful to get why things like big price hikes were happening. Keep that product/quality. My request would be for DLC coating instead of nitride.

Reactions: kthomas
    Almost finished the episode and really enjoying it. I enjoy hearing a business owner be honest, good, bad or indifferent. I am glad they were given the platform to set the record straight and not carry the weight of keeping jobs/benefits for people while getting trashed on the internet.