Suppressors The FN 5.7x28 Pistol

jwp6114

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2008
Newnan, GA
I am debating purchasing one of these pistols but have no experiance with them nor talked to anyone that has yet.

Pourpose of purchase will primarily be for target shooting.

it seems the ammo is quite available around me, and i enjoy high capacity firearms.

any thoughts?

Re: The FN 5.7x28 Pistol

It became my favorite hand gun right after I bought it. I get right around 1750 FPS out of my five seven at the muzzle. It shoots extremely flat. I have hit IPSC size targets out to 200 yards. Recoil like a 22 mag, fast follow up, and the energy of a 9 mil. Whats not to like?

The brass is reloadable, but reloading this round is a PIA! The fun thing about reloading this round is putting in slow burning powder and getting a muzzle flash from hell
smile.gif

The two 5.7 pistols I have are amazingly accurate, they feel a little strange in your hand until you start shooting them, then you forget about it. As a 45 guy I was very surprised that I liked the 5.7, infact I liked it so much that got a second pistol and a PS90 as well. Ammo is reasonably priced, light weight, small and potent for what it is, so carrying a couple of hundred rounds if SHTF would not be an issue. I can absolutely recommend both the 5.7 and PS90. I also have a AR in 5.7 which is a blast to shoot.

You or anyone else is interested in the 5.7 is welcome to fire any of models I have should you ever be in the Central Florida area of Lake County.

Regards, Mark

I have a 5.7 pistol with a SWR Spectre suppressor on it. It is a blast to shoot and it will tear up a ground hog easy! I say get one while you still can!

It has claimed many victims around my farm here.... even shot a coyote from about 50 yards in the neck with it, it took a few steps then dropped.

I have both the pistol and the ps90 lots of fun to shoot haven't had the chance to hunt w either yet. I have reloaded 5.7 rounds and it is a huge PIA! ! but cheaper than buying them. It's a lot of fun to shoot.

Got one a few months back. One heck of a fun pistol! Amazing accurate. Offhand hits at 100 yards are way too easy with it. Just wish it had a grip angle like glocks, it feels like i'm pointing a framing square. Go for the 40gr ammo, it's alot more potent than the 26gr stuff. Thinkin about gettin one of they're P90 rigs now.

Though I read about the ball ammo being out of production awhile back? Cabelas had cases of the 40gr vmax stuff the other day, among never ending stacks of all other ammo right now!