• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

The Gray Man

I need to find my fire starter and throwing it away
I had one of those. The block and the striker. But even when camping, we relied on good matches in a fireproof container. And some fireplace lighters, as well.

We used to go camping with a bunch of non-conformist hippies and they had such modern conveniences. And also, believe or not, one of the people we knew in this group was a US Marshal. You would not know it because his look was designed to make him NOT look like a fed in a suit.

Then, again, I learned all kinds of things in the Boy Scouts. Our assistant scoutmaster was an Army Ranger and he brought in his instructor who taught you how to live and eat of the land. "To eat things that would make a billy goat puke" brought back memories of fun times. Pine needle tea, for instance.

Reactions: Darryle
The gray man may disappear, both ironically and unironically but there are undeniable uses for paracord.

Door pull if you are in a wheelchair, as my wife often is.

Also, for hanging a blow dryer on a hook. Make a big loop with it.

Use it with a sheep shank knot to keep a coiled extension cord together.

I gotta get away from my daily wearing of combat boots, cargo shorts and Oakleys. Plaid shirts still don’t help much if I’m wearing a multicam Boonie hat.

Reactions: Ronws