• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Think your day stinks?

Snuby642

Two Star General
Minuteman
  • Feb 11, 2017
    You know you are a deplorable when your birthday starts out like this.

20240827_104908.jpg

You ain't lived unless you:

Had to shoot a skunk under a pier and beam house for your grandmother

Had to kill a skunk in a live trap inside the chicken coop

I recommend the second over the first, but I would try to avoid both if possible
    I throw a towel over the cage and then throw em in the pond
    Oh I tie a rope to the cage so I can drag the cage out of the water

I think that means something different than what you think it means 🤣
    Actually no, it's exactly what you would think, just don't let an uncle talk you into picking some for your grandmother 🤮

I don't know what the actual plant is, but it stinks and stains your skin, God forbid you rub your nose during or shortly afterwards

As a kid I grabbed a skunk with a frog gig (grabber) in an attempt to pull it out from underneath the lawn mower. I had it most of the way out when it slipped out of the gig. I grabbed the end to open the fingers when the smell hit me upside the head. I had that stank all over my hands and went inside to wash up. My mother ran me out the house quick. Good times.

• Haha
    Reactions: Makinchips208
    Use hydrogen peroxide to get rid of (most) of the smell. Takes a good amount, and use medical proxide (i.e. not concentrated).

Always shoot them through the atlas (base of the skull) or they will spray. Makes everything worse….

Surgical gloves work, but change them frequently (thiols seem to get through the gloves eventually).

My grandmother followed a skunk through the barn back by the calf pen and beat it death with her beating stick which was part of a handle from a shovel. Never leaked a drop of stink. She put it in the gutter for a couple of days until the barn cleaner ran it into the honey wagon.

Use hydrogen peroxide to get rid of (most) of the smell. Takes a good amount, and use medical proxide (i.e. not concentrated).

Always shoot them through the atlas (base of the skull) or they will spray. Makes everything worse….

Surgical gloves work, but change them frequently (thiols seem to get through the gloves eventually).
    Mix baking soda with the peroxide. Then it doesn't take very much and regular store peroxide will work fine.

Reactions: TriggerJerk!
    I have had a stink that would rival skunk.

Many years ago, we were working over a weekend on a middle school upgrading the ag / computer lab building.

Saturday, Jason AKA Zippy AKA Uno went around leaving his aroma.

Sunday was my turn and payback was not only a bitch, it was scorched earth. I had everyone gagging and wretching for 3 hours. My friend, John, had hunted many deer in his life and processed all of them. So, yeah, he has nicked a gut now and then. It paled in comparison to the foul fragrance of my feces.

It was so bad that I had to get licensed from DHS as a means of enhanced interrogtion.

In the spring when irrigation starts, the skunks wintering in the ditches and gates start appearing everywhere and become a nuisance. One evening my dog in a fenced in portion of the property started barking like crazy and went out to investigate. There was a skunk that acted like it was rabid was trying to get into the fenced yard. Standing out there in my underwear, wife held a flashlight on the skunk and I drilled it in the head with a 22 mag and buried it the next day. Keep live traps around and drown them in the ditch when captured.

I have had a stink that would rival skunk.

Many years ago, we were working over a weekend on a middle school upgrading the ag / computer lab building.

Saturday, Jason AKA Zippy AKA Uno went around leaving his aroma.

Sunday was my turn and payback was not only a bitch, it was scorched earth. I had everyone gagging and wretching for 3 hours. My friend, John, had hunted many deer in his life and processed all of them. So, yeah, he has nicked a gut now and then. It paled in comparison to the foul fragrance of my feces.

It was so bad that I had to get licensed from DHS as a means of enhanced interrogtion.

You haven't farted in a level 3 decontamination suit have you?