Thoughts on the The SIG Sauer TREAD.

SIG-M400-Tread-770.jpg

Reactions: HornDog87
Save the money and buy a MWS instead. Those of us who have owned and shot every large frame flavor generally gravitate towards the MWS or SR25 for good reason. The cheap AR10's are junk. You get what you pay for, like most things in life.

If you are budget strapped, the Larue UU kits are very hard to beat for the money.

The non standardized nature and wildly all over the place spec of an AR10 means you end up with turds more than gold.

+1 on LaRue UU. Mine shoots very well and has been 100% reliable. And, if you're willing to wait a LONG time you can add a suppressor for $400.

Also, different rifle, but I recently purchased a Sig 716 DMR, which I also like. Pretty decent accuracy, light for a piston and runs pretty clean because ... well it's a piston. Bought mine used for a very good price considering its condition (excellent). Happy with my purchase but at retail I think it's over priced.

Also I'm someone who generally prefers a pretty high cheek weld, but on the Sig it's ridiculous. Put a LaRue riser I happened to have lying around and it's still a little high, but useable.

I'd go with an LMT MWS, being said if you want multiple calibers like I do 308, 7mm-08, 260 remington and I plan on getting 6.5 creedmore it's insanely easy to switch between. I've owned and built a ton of large frame ar platforms and I've always gravitate back to lmt. But looking at a seekins sp10 price you could pony up an extra couple hundred and get a modular mws 🤙

Semper fi
Horner

Paying for a “modular weapon system” that you’ll never “swap barrels in the field” with lol. Don’t drink the koolaid bro. You don’t need a JP, KAC, LMT in order to own a reliable accurate AR10
Generally, you do need KAC, MWS, or HK if you want a reliable AR10 system. Maybe add the OBR however newer guns are not as good as the OG's.

They all have been tested and vetted.

That's why they comprise 99+% of all .mil/LEO work guns.

What you mean to say is you MAY get a reliable XYZ brand using a particular type of ammo, with a clean gun, running X mags in Y environment.

Or you can just buy the ones named above and be almost guranteed to run anything you feed it, and do it as accurate as anything else in every enviroment from the Artic to the Jungle to the Desert.

You also may get a piece of shit like most of us with the experience of owning all of these, have learned the hard way.

It's also ignorant to gloss over the quick change ability of the MWS. Even a barrel swap is significantly easier than dealing with the issues associated with mounting a precision barrel in an AR and getting it to shoot. It is an easy, quick and repeatable process, not to mention Match Factory barrels from LMT are cheaper and plentiful (before covid like anything else) than anything comparable in a AR platform. Go price up a Bartlien or Krieger barrel worked up with a Ar10 extension and Press fit Gas Block matched to barrel. You aren't getting one for less than $700 from most places and will wait weeks if not months. You can order a cut rifle SS barrel for a MWS for $550 and have it in less than a week. That is a huge benefit even to those that don't swap calibers.

There is a ton of 6mm creed ammo out there now. I bet people would have loved to have a 6mm barrel to swap to so they could still shoot.....

Since you've stated that youre digging seekins, frank did a pretty lengthy interview with seeking in regards to their rifles. If you haven't seen this video already I'd give it a look 🤙

Semper fi
Horner

Reactions: ndaholic
Generally, you do need KAC, MWS, or HK if you want a reliable AR10 system. Maybe add the OBR however newer guns are not as good as the OG's.

They all have been tested and vetted.

That's why they comprise 99+% of all .mil/LEO work guns.

What you mean to say is you MAY get a reliable XYZ brand using a particular type of ammo, with a clean gun, running X mags in Y environment.

Or you can just buy the ones named above and be almost guranteed to run anything you feed it, and do it as accurate as anything else in every enviroment from the Artic to the Jungle to the Desert.

You also may get a piece of shit like most of us with the experience of owning all of these, have learned the hard way.

It's also ignorant to gloss over the quick change ability of the MWS. Even a barrel swap is significantly easier than dealing with the issues associated with mounting a precision barrel in an AR and getting it to shoot. It is an easy, quick and repeatable process, not to mention Match Factory barrels from LMT are cheaper and plentiful (before covid like anything else) than anything comparable in a AR platform. Go price up a Bartlien or Krieger barrel worked up with a Ar10 extension and Press fit Gas Block matched to barrel. You aren't getting one for less than $700 from most places and will wait weeks if not months. You can order a cut rifle SS barrel for a MWS for $550 and have it in less than a week. That is a huge benefit even to those that don't swap calibers.

There is a ton of 6mm creed ammo out there now. I bet people would have loved to have a 6mm barrel to swap to so they could still shoot.....
So now we’re comparing complete custom Bartleins to factory LMT barrels? Be serious dude

Why do you need that is my fucking point bro. How often are you switching from 6.5Cummore to 308 lol
Listen man

I'm live in Alaska so I hunt quite a bit. So I'm not going to shoot varmint like wolves, coyotes, marmots, black tail, lynx, etc with a 308. So I switch my barrels out quite often and depending what I feel like shooting at the range I can. Not to mention I can go to the store and find components for my different calibers and not be a strictly 308 shooter that is in a panic because I can't find any Ammo. The dude asked for people's opinions on different rifles maybe the guy wants to switch calibers down the road, with out buying a $1300 plus upper and buy an lmt barrel for $700.

Attachments

• e45.png
    e45.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 70

OP - I may be wrong but this looks like an AR15, but the SIG AR10 based on the website seems ok, I just personally feel there are better options out there at a comparable price point. Your preferences obviously, but I had a few DD V5 in the past and wont own them again. Love Daniel Defense Ar15s but the experience I had was a no-go for owning their large frame rifles again. Was told I had to "break in the rifle" over a few hundred rounds to make the BCG not stick to the upper walls due to "tight tolerances" (maybe this is corrected now). I wouldnt gamble on a new rifle unless it has must have features or a look you love, when there are tried and true options in a similar price point. Just my 2 cents, but from those I've owned I'd go LMT or SP10/SP10M.

Long range shooting and possibly deer hunting.
For me, thats exactly what I use and love the LMT for. When long range shooting throw the 6.5cm / 20" 308 barrel on, for deer season, I throw the 16" or short barrel on. Great platform, allows for great adaptability without owning multiple rifles. (not that thats a bad thing :) )

The SP10s have some historic reliability issues, at least in 6.5CM; be sure if you get used that you aren't getting someone's problem gun.

On Sig rifles - and Sig in general - I like their stuff. They do have a tendency to release products that are more beta test samples than finished products (P365, 320, etc), and many that got burned by that hold a grudge - and deservedly so. That said, once the kinks are worked out, their stuff is great, generally speaking.
I have a 716 and love it, it is reliable (now, after break-in, which is true of most large frame ARs), accurate enough, and isn't nearly as dirty as a DI gun.
DD makes a solid gun as well, nothing in your intended use requires more. People buy $3000+ guns for many reasons, and in the civilian world, most of them aren't based on need.

Reactions: ndaholic
I have a budget of around $2,500-$2,700 so I'll need to settle on the best I can get for that price range.
In normal times you could piece together a LMT for around that price.

With everything out of whack, much harder now. You could always get on an Allocated order with V1 for a LMT.

I think its worth it. Have owned just about every AR10 flavor over last 20 or so years and after I sold my SR25, moved back to LMT. The features and value is too good to pass up.

Yea why not compare 2 high end cut rifle barrels..............Would you rather compare them to Hawk Hill or how about Brux or K&P?

Stop proving how little you know in every post. Its getting embarrassing.

🤣 a factory LMT barrel is now “high end”. Sounds like you may want to justify a purchase you made. Dude I had an LMT piston AR. There was nothing special about it. The ambi controls sucked. The machining was no better no worse than my Seekins and BAD lowers. And none of them come close to quality of my Radian rifles. Keep spewing your fanboy goobledegook. I’ve been there done that. Just tryin to save the OP some money. Too many KAC and LMT fan boys here

How many cut rifle SS LMT barrels have you owned? They were never offered on piston guns.

Everyone who has experience with these is laughing at you.

Combining that much fail in one post is an accomplishment.

Poor people come up with all kinds of excuses why they dont buy quality except the actual reason which is they cant afford it.

Its amazing all those shitty fanboy LMT and KAC guns being use on the battlefiled the world over and standard issue to many first world nations.

I have purchased or still have three MWSs, Sig 716, about a dozen DPMSs, GAP 10, KAC SR25, Ruger 716, Bushmaster 308, SCAR 17, Mega, PSAs, and even the Tavor 308.

I truly have a problem :)

In your price range and for your use the Sig is definitely a viable option. Not the most accurate in that list but mine shot very well-about 1.5 MOA for me with SMKs and a bit over 2” with mil ammo.

I love my LMTs. I am a fanboy. Like them better than my SR25. Have Rock creek and LMT bbls. But I see them going for 5k now around me and I wouldn’t pay over $2500 for one. At these higher prices I would rather buy 2 rifles of another brand.

Many will disagree I am sure but for hunting and range use I have always been pleasantly surprised with DPMS. Their heavy contour bbls shoot sub MOA consistently with FGMM or hand rolls. Usually pay under $1200 for a DPMS. Great value to me. I also have had decent luck with the few PSAs I bought but still not as accurate as the DPMSs.

Good luck on the search- almost every suggestion above has been for a quality rifle just need to weigh the cost-to-intended use and find a good fit for you.

I have purchased or still have three MWSs, Sig 716, about a dozen DPMSs, GAP 10, KAC SR25, Ruger 716, Bushmaster 308, SCAR 17, Mega, PSAs, and even the Tavor 308.

I truly have a problem :)

In your price range and for your use the Sig is definitely a viable option. Not the most accurate in that list but mine shot very well-about 1.5 MOA for me with SMKs and a bit over 2” with mil ammo.

I love my LMTs. I am a fanboy. Like them better than my SR25. Have Rock creek and LMT bbls. But I see them going for 5k now around me and I wouldn’t pay over $2500 for one. At these higher prices I would rather buy 2 rifles of another brand.

Many will disagree I am sure but for hunting and range use I have always been pleasantly surprised with DPMS. Their heavy contour bbls shoot sub MOA consistently with FGMM or hand rolls. Usually pay under $1200 for a DPMS. Great value to me. I also have had decent luck with the few PSAs I bought but still not as accurate as the DPMSs.

Good luck on the search- almost every suggestion above has been for a quality rifle just need to weigh the cost-to-intended use and find a good fit for you.
The DPMS G2 platform had a ton of potential, shame they never really made many of them or supported it. They were one of if not the first factory ARs in .260 then 6.5cm