• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Suppressors thundertrap

Re: thundertrap

yes they are a bit pricey but so far i have ben realy pleased with thery cans have there raider on my wilson combat 223 nexus on my 45 both perform really well just dont have any experince with cans on 308

thundertrap's a pretty good can. I use it on a couple different rifles, its pretty quiet and repeatable poi when attaching/detaching. its self cleaning which is another good thing ,but they(awc) say you can submerge the whole unit in hot soapy water if needed, just drain it or blow it out with compressed air and gtg (i probably have about 500 rds through it and from what i can see inside it looks pretty clean-w/o the soapy water)

It is funny this thread came up again today. I ordered a catalog off AWC's website a few weeks ago, and today a rep from their company called just to see if I had any questions or if he could be any help, etc....

I am struggling betwen the T Trap, AAC Titan or Titan QD. QD is really pricey. The T Trap in Titanium is 24oz and over 1k cheaper. There is a sizable db difference in the Titan and Titan QD as well. I'm interested in the T Trap to go between .338 and .308 on a DTA. The rep told me that the T Trap for .338 would be a little louder on the .308, but would still work well. Would love to hear someone's real world experience on that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Addicted</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is funny this thread came up again today. I ordered a catalog off AWC's website a few weeks ago, and today a rep from their company called just to see if I had any questions or if he could be any help, etc....

I am struggling betwen the T Trap, AAC Titan or Titan QD. QD is really pricey. The T Trap in Titanium is 24oz and over 1k cheaper. There is a sizable db difference in the Titan and Titan QD as well. I'm interested in the T Trap to go between .338 and .308 on a DTA. The rep told me that the T Trap for .338 would be a little louder on the .308, but would still work well. Would love to hear someone's real world experience on that. </div></div>

I shoot my DTA in .338 and .308 with the T Trap. You won;t be disappointed. Very little differnce in sound between the two calibers.

002by.jpg

I'm having a hard time deciding between a Ti T-trap and a SAS Ti in 30 cal. Almost a $1k difference in price, but if the T-trap is appreciably better it would be worth it to do it right the first time.

I've owned mine for, lets see... 6 years now I think?

I love it, sound reduction is excellent, BUT... it's relatively two decades old in design now.

And as much as I dislike their customer service, I really like AAC's miter system on their QD blackout mounts. The SCAR HS-D is a FANTASTIC piece of hardware, it's light, and quiet, and returns to zero. Plus you get a brake to shoot when you aren't going for the Pfffffsssttcheeewwwwwooo.

I think folks should give them a serious look. I can tell you from personal experience that Chris and the folks at AWC are great to deal with. Chris has gone out of his way to take care of an issue I had that was 100% NOT their fault - it was mine and mine alone. They have made me a believer and one satisfied even if hard to please customer. So much so that repeat business with them is a sure thing when I add another suppressor to my growing collection. You can't go wrong with the equipment, and I doubt you will need to test their commitment to customer service, but if you do, I think you will be pleasantly surprised if you just give them a chance. I know I was. Chris and AWC have won me over and earned my business.

Take a look at QSM also... light weight and good at keeping cool.
+1 on Chris at AWC, they have OUTSTANDING customer service, as does SWR.

What's important to me now, after owning silencers for 6 years, in order of importance.
1. POI shift
2. weight
3. speed of removing/reinstalling.
4. OAL of weapon when mounted.

If you consider the ThunderTrap (as are thread-ons) even though quiet, it doesn't really meet my criteria as much as the MITER system from AAC or the SureFire.

Again, the AWC ThunderTrap was the cats meow for decades, but now it's like an old muscle car, still cool... but not as fast as modern tech like a Nissan GT-R.

But work it do.