Tikka CTR feeding in Manners stock

patriot07

Private
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2017
Dallas
Running into feeding issues with my T3x CTR 6.5 CM in a Manners T5A that's inlet for the CTR bottom metal.

Mag is fairly loose even with bolt closed. Action screws are at 60 in-lbs. I've disassembled and reassembled a bunch of times trying to figure it out. I don't have the factory stock to test with anymore. When it fails, the rounds will run into the feed ramp and just get stuck.

Is a very light coat of oil on the feed ramp going to affect the flight of the rounds? Am I using the wrong action screw torque? Anything else you guys can think of that might be causing it? Happens maybe once every other magazine.

You may need to adjust the spring so the follower will better present the bullet to the feed ramp.
The inlet may also have been finished a bit shallow but just a guess.

You may need to adjust the spring so the follower will better present the bullet to the feed ramp.
The inlet may also have been finished a bit shallow but just a guess.
I actually had this exact same issue when my CTR was new. Mag was popping the bullet end of the round high and the bolt wouldn't catch the back of the case on the way forward.

I think essentially the issue is related to how long the rounds are - they barely fit in the CTR mag and when the round comes out and hits the feed ramp, there is still too much brass left in the lips for it to tilt up easily. That said, I think very light oil on the feed ramp will help with it.

I do also think the inlet is a little bit shallow. Not much but just a hair. Not sure if there is a way to deal with that. I bought this manners stock 7-8 years ago and have been using it without issue until now.

Also it does it with multiple magazines, so I don't think the issue is the mag.

Easy suggestion is pull the mag spring on all your mags and check them against these pictures. If they already match, you know it's not that. If they don't you're not out any money to fix it. There might be something else wrong but you will at least knock one out.
E3DF884D-39E4-4055-8041-F81B1261B895.png
F6D26BF0-2D11-42E2-B3E9-FE185350A4F0.png

Reactions: patriot07