• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Tikka T3 action in a Manners 4a CTR stock

Esfromny

Private
Minuteman
Jun 29, 2017
Have a tikka T3 Tac and just purchased a Manners T4a stock. Unfortunately, I received a stock for a T3 CTR instead for my old T3 and wondering if I can get the T3 plain action to work in the CTR cut stock ? Smart thing to do is to return stock and get right one .. problem is, they have none in stock for the T3 action. Any thoughts

The CTR action has an addional piece milled out under the action between front of the mag inlet and front action screw hole. 5 min job on a mill or if you are ok with a small hand file. It's too clear the top of the mag follower ramp on CTR/TRG mags. It has no effect on being able to swich bottom metals and run AICS style or CTR mags. The Atlasworx dbm is the easiest fix to your dilemma.

Thank you all for the great feedback. I read all comments to suggest that the T3 action with the manner’s t4a CTR stock will work IF I change the bottom metal to. a CTR (either OEM or third party enhanced, like atlas) and then slightly modify (potentially) either action or bolt stop

Pics show milled recess on bottom on factory CTR action.

Attachments

• photo62307.jpg
    photo62307.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 45
  • photo62308.jpg
    photo62308.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 45
Thank you for the pics dino67 ... am I reading your earlier comment correctly that if I go with Atlas BM I will not need to touch the action ?