• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Tikka T3 ( and Howa 1500 )guys. Barrels

Pete Lincoln

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Guys I understand that the Tikka t3 is a pain in the arse to get in certain c alibers the USA.

Ive just manufactured some barrel nuts ( like the savage) for the Tikka barrel threads and am in the process of building some switch barrel T3's

Ive done the same with the Howa 1500.

I was wondering if there would be a market for spare barrels.
I plan to offer Lothar Walther barrels with barrel nuts for sale for these two models.

what do you guys think ?

what calibers ?

any feedback would be greatly welcome.
regards Pete

Re: Tikka T3 ( and Howa 1500 )guys. Barrels

No lie, it would be badass to have a switch barrel howa. A beefy *Well Built* action, with savage-esque switch barrel capabilities...

.260, .308 and .243 are all USA winners.

But ...

how much is this going to cost?

Are you going to sell the barrel nut system by itself? Or will we have to buy all of our barrels from you as well?

Seeing how finicky some people are about what barrels they spend their money on, having to buy from only one source (with possible massive wait times) could/would be an immediate turn off.

the devil's in the details on this one.

.260 in a fast twist.

Now all we need is someone local who is able to remove the factory barrel on these Tikkas and Howas.
laugh.gif

.260 and fast twist .243s will jump off the shelves here in sporter weight or heavier contours. I think even the .280, 30-06 or .300 mag in a heavier profile would sell well here. I know they offer all of them in Canada and I tried very hard to get a barrel from one but it was just to difficult.

Been in the UK a few days guys, seeing to my Mum and a few other things.

Well as far as barrels go it seems obviouse to offer Lothar Walther as they shoot excellently, are available here i Germany and the company is excellent to work with.

The threads on a standard Howa or Tikka barrel would need to be extended to allow for the barrel nut. easy enough to do for anyone with a lathe. ( providing they can cut metric threads in the case of the Howa) but a wrench and barrel nut are no probs, Ive 75 of the things sat here.

maybe i should have a couple of standard chamberings.
.260 6.5x47, maybe a fast twist .308 and do the rest on an order basis,. then just order the barrel with LW.

if anyone wants one, let me know vial email.
Stan i'll get that sorted for you, and jerky yes always.

rgds Pete

That sounds like a great idea.............some pictures would be nice........

One question, what thread pitch does the Tikka have......Thanks

AKA Spook is known for his howa work. I posted a thread asking for all metric capable state-side smiths who would take on a howa, and i got a few responses. I need to find that thread

I'm luck, ive got a weiler lathe and can swap from metric to imperial threads by swapping 2 change wheels, it takes less thann a minute,

easiest way to remove a howa or tikka factory barel is to hold the things in the lathe and gi in at the shoulder with a parting tool just enough to relieve the tension, you can then unscrew the barrel by hand,

I will add a section to our webshop with barrels.
delivery time will be Lothar Walther time frame plus a few days for us to turn them around,
I'll post up some pics when i get a chance,
regards Pete

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sinarms</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great minds think alike, I'm in the process of offering the same thing </div></div>

Are you refering to a switch barrel system for Howa 1500's or something else? If so, are you a gunsmith? Do you have a website?

romelstorp weve been bombared with viruses just lately and have had 2 of the company pc's down for repair, if you check out our website you will see a notice that will make you aware of this. i can post on here from my phone. if you drop me an email direct i'll see to it that you get an answer, chances are we are waiting on some supplier to supply us, and contact should always go vial the company email system and i find it odd that the above is your first post straight after registering, sounds to me like you registered to have a dig at me.
check out the website, read the information and then send me a mail.
We are very busy at the moment and will surely get around to you asap. regards Pete

Romelstorp, thats right, its easy to skip past vital information and get the wrong end of the stick. a pm would have been more appropriate, as a post like that can give the wrong impression, glad we got you taken care off though.
So back to echange barrels.
I'll have them listed up in the webshop in a few days.
rgds Pete