• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Tikka Trigger - Are They All Like This?

Rlandry

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2019
Wow, the trigger on my new Tikka CTR adjusted down to 1.1lb out of the box. It did pass the drop test. I ran the adjustment screw in and backed it out again just to see if it was a fluke and got the same reading with my Lyman trigger scale.

They don't make a better factory trigger IMHO. One of the many reasons Tikka is such a great value.

There is some variance in how low they'll go out of the box. I've had 3 now, and 2 of them were kinda heavy out of the box and lightened up a ton with the Yo-Dave spring. The other one was light straight from the factory when I adjusted it all the way down, so I didn't install the aftermarket spring.

Reactions: 260284
My first tikka T3x with the adjustment screw all the way out it would adjust down to around 2lbs. The second tikka t3x for some reason when the screw turned all the way out was 10 oz.... I couldn't believe how light it was. For a hunting gun it was way to light, no idea why but was super easy to screw in and get adjusted back to 2lbs.

Agreed these are hands down great triggers!

I wouldn't run an aftermarket Tikka trigger if it was given to me. I just don't think it can be improved upon at any cost unless you want to run less than a pound maybe. The YoDave spring got one of mine down to around 1.5 pounds, but all the other Tikka's I've owned have been around (what feels like) 2 pounds, which is pretty much right where I want to be.

I put a Yo Dave spring in mine and have it down to 10.5 oz. I can probably go lower, but the adjustment screw is almost all the way out. The big screw that holds the trigger on the action isn't stopping the adjustment screw like I've seen in some videos. And BTW, mine was about 18oz out of the box.

I bought a CTR about 2 years ago. Swapped the rail, the stock to a manners, bottom metal to CDI and a new Proof barrel.... but I left the trigger alone.

Just sayin

I bought the Yodave spring for my CTR. No matter what, it wouldn't pass a drop test. So, pulled it out and replaced it with the factory spring.

I ran that for some time until I found a Jard, which I'm running now. I'm impressed with the Jard as I can get a lower pull weight with it and still know it's not going to fire unless I pull the trigger.