Tips?

JM4590

Private
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2013
Midland,Va
Have you all heard this utter bullshit regarding tips coming from the mouths of the presidential candidates? No tax on tips! Great say some! Ahhhh there in the devil is in the details…..This would potentially change the whole economic process of renumeration for service.
For example, let’s say I’m a plumber ( not picking on these guys, but had a well pump replaced today, and they did a fucking outstanding job!) So they come out and troubleshoot the problem, and figure I need a new pump. Gonna cost X $, but this is not a bill….wait for it….this is our TIP to replace your jacked up well pump. What do I care? Tip…bill…all the same to me …just get me some water going so I can shit again. Now, that bill is all tax free for my savior plumber, so he just made bank! Good for him …..I guess? But now my dentist bill is a tip, my doctor is a tip, my landscaper is a tip, etc etc etc. No one earns an hourly / salary any more…everyone is just “tipped”.
Some poor mfer is gonna have to make up that difference…….yea…you got it ….you and me!

Fucking politicians pandering to the massses. I expect as much from the democrats, but Trump is talking the same shit. I worked for 30 years and got fn taxed on every fn nickel, as I’m certain any of you did also. F dez political hacks and their fn pandering to the fn poors.

Change my mind

Here is how it worked when I worked in restaurants... I think almost all of them were the same.

cash tip=not reported
credit card tip=reported

At the end of the night your total sales were "assumed" to receive at least 10% tips(that % might vary in certain places, might have been state law, I dont remember). So if you sold $1000 you were assumed to have received $100 and thus that was your tax base. So you always hoped you received at least enough CC tips to cover the "assumed" 10% and then the cash tips on top of that were not reported. Sometimes you were a winner and some times not, but I bet it balanced out.

NOW was not reporting all cash tips legal, hell no, but thats how the restaurant industry works and ill call anybody who says otherwise a liar.

I'm not sure the fiscal impact on eliminating tax's on all tips, but I bet its not as much as people would think because, again, people who earn money via tips arent reporting anything more than they are required to anyway.

Reactions: ZY100
Have you all heard this utter bullshit regarding tips coming from the mouths of the presidential candidates? No tax on tips! Great say some! Ahhhh there in the devil is in the details…..This would potentially change the whole economic process of renumeration for service.
For example, let’s say I’m a plumber ( not picking on these guys, but had a well pump replaced today, and they did a fucking outstanding job!) So they come out and troubleshoot the problem, and figure I need a new pump. Gonna cost X $, but this is not a bill….wait for it….this is our TIP to replace your jacked up well pump. What do I care? Tip…bill…all the same to me …just get me some water going so I can shit again. Now, that bill is all tax free for my savior plumber, so he just made bank! Good for him …..I guess? But now my dentist bill is a tip, my doctor is a tip, my landscaper is a tip, etc etc etc. No one earns an hourly / salary any more…everyone is just “tipped”.
Some poor mfer is gonna have to make up that difference…….yea…you got it ….you and me!

Fucking politicians pandering to the massses. I expect as much from the democrats, but Trump is talking the same shit. I worked for 30 years and got fn taxed on every fn nickel, as I’m certain any of you did also. F dez political hacks and their fn pandering to the fn poors.

Change my mind
You’re thinking about this all wrong. You should be arguing for everyone to pay less taxes on everything, not bitching about some poor schmuck working at a fucking Chili’s in Nebraska

Look at you kids ar
You’re thinking about this all wrong. You should be arguing for everyone to pay less taxes on everything, not bitching about some poor schmuck working at a fucking Chili’s in Nebraska
Shhh its funny to watch the peasants argue over scraps.....

Bread and circuses baby!

I worked for 42 years so far. Not a penny in tips

Why should some uneducated schmuch, unqualified to do anything other that work in a restaurant, not have to pay tax on a majority of their income?
Because you shouldn’t either. Any tax break should be met with applause and congratulations to whomstever is the lucky recipient

All a shell game, but as someone pointed out above, any cut, on any part of the tax code is a good thing.

I fervently believe all income tax should eliminated. Period. And lower capital gains to something well under 10% while we’re at it. Why would we put a dis-incentive on productivity and saving/investing?

I know the answer of course, but it’d be nice to actually remove the shackles and rein in the bureaucracy in the process…one can dream.

Because you shouldn’t either. Any tax break should be met with applause and congratulations to whomstever is the lucky recipient
There is no such thing as a tax break or cut. What they don't collect one way, they collect another. Who do you think is paying the "forgiven" college loans for those gender studies degrees?

The ony tax cut is a spending cut and that will never, ever happen.

Change my mind

You are not required to pay a tip...... So if the plumber says it is a tip, don't pay it. They also can't do anything about it. I am all for it. free shit for me if they call it a tip. So let the people "think" they are getting over on the system. They will stop real quick as soon as they run into a semi smart person.

Change my mind
I don't think you have to worry, cause it's all lip service by candidates, and even presidents. People forget that presidents are described as all powerful, but the way our Constitution was written, presidents don't make laws, and thus, aren't really anything except a foreign relations guy and the guy everyone blames when shit goes wrong. Even their executive orders don't have the teeth people think they do. The president can write an EO to tell congress to pass a bill on something, and congress, and the senate can tell the president to piss off.

We've been hearing candidates make promises for decades, and the second they take command, they backpedal on all their campaign promises. Obama was a fabulous example. He backpedaled so hard, and so fast on every single campaign promise he made. It wasn't even like a slow progressive backpedaling effort, it was everything, all at once, and the press even talked about it.

This election season is going to be an absolute shit show, i'd wager that there's going to be violence and limited terrorism. People are pissed, many feel hopeless, and groups on the fringes feel attacked. Regardless, we'll still be here in 4 years to repeat it all over again, and 4 years after that, and 4 years after that, ect.

We'll be ok, being mad fixes nothing, it's unproductive. Educate yourself, learn more skills, be an asset to those who are assets to you. The people you interact with every day are more likely to influence your life than the assholes in DC. Focus on your peers, because you'll need them more than you'll ever need a politician.

Reactions: JM4590
There is no such thing as a tax break or cut. What they don't collect one way, they collect another. Who do you think is paying the "forgiven" college loans for those gender studies degrees?

I get what you’re saying and I definitely agree with it. But someone getting some sort of relief from a tax burden is a good thing.

I want to take this opportunity to personally thank you from the bottom of my heart for not being a mouth breathing retard.

You’re a rare breed.

• Haha
Reactions: 232593
I get what you’re saying and I definitely agree with it. But someone getting some sort of relief from a tax burden is a good thing.
Not in any way. Their responsibility to pay their taxes for the benefits they gained is now passed to others who gained no benefits.

I can’t believe that this needs to be explained

Reactions: vinniedelpino
Not in any way. Their responsibility to pay their taxes for the benefits they gained is now passed to others who gained no benefits.

I can’t believe that this needs to be explained
*Le sigh* I see we have a libertarian purist in our midst. Yes, taxes and gov wasting those taxes should all go to 0. There, happy?

Getting mad because someone else has figured out the system in a way to not pay taxes? You should applaud them and figure out a way to do the same for yourself. Everybody wins that way.

Tax snitches need to stop with trying to keep others shackled to the same level of tax misery they endure. Tax snitches are no different than the covid nazis reporting people for not getting vaxxed or wearing their masks.

They did not figure out a way to not pay taxes, taxes were paid by someone else

How dense do you need to be not to be able to figure that out?

Cool. Did you feel this same righteous indignation when Trump cut taxes on the upper classes?

Taxes become particularly offensive once one figures out that they are not about funding the government. The Treasury in conjunction with the Federal Reserve does that. Taxes are about removing the correct amount of cash from the economy to reduce the inflationary effects of all that printing, and a way to implement policy by disadvantaging certain groups.

You just proved my point.

If you want to use that as an explanation, call it what it is. Tax cuts are not tax cuts , they are tax redistributions.

Like I said, there is no such thing as a tax cut without spending cuts ( which never happens)

Were the student loans “forgiven” or were they redistributed to other taxpayers?

Trump cut taxes on the upper classes?

LOL... Thats a big joke LOL....

I am up in the "high earner" area, not the 1%, but supposedly the top 5%.

I paid MORE TAXES under the Trump "tax cuts" than before. Yea my bracket %'s went down like 2% IIRC, but I lost something like 30-50k in deductions. I would have to go back and look at my effective tax rate prior to the Trump "tax cuts" and after, but I after I know I was paying a higher "affective" tax rate which is the only tax rate that really matters at the end of the year.

The elimination/cap of the SALT deduction was a big one. "blue" states were rallying against it because they are all rich as fuck and their state property taxes are stupid high and they were going to lose one of their biggest deductions. There were a lot of other deductions those same people were taking that were eliminated as well. Its funny when people rail on Trump because he play's the tax game like all the other rich fucks, they just dont want to admit it. My guess is TRUMP paid more tax as a % of real income after his own tax cuts than before...