• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Top vrs Bottom Safety?

RetiredFmFDoc

Private
Minuteman
Nov 7, 2010
I'm building a varmit rifle and have been saving for an aftermarket trigger. On the Remington 700, what are the pros/cons of moving the safety to the bottom? Hope this isn't a stupid question, but I couldn't find any discussion in the postings on it. thanx.

Re: Top vrs Bottom Safety?

The only place I like a bottom safety is on tube guns where there's no accomodation for a top safety.

Call me weird, but I like the trigger to be the only thing in the trigger guard.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't like putting my finger in the trigger guard if I don't intend to fire.

No way around it on a M1A or M1 Garand, but so be it. </div></div>

Except on a M1A and Garand you don't need to put your finger inside the trigger guard to put it on safe only to take it off of safe, pushing away from the trigger, and any way if one is going to do that they intend to shoot right? This is different in a bolt gun.

But I'm with you top safety when needed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't like putting my finger in the trigger guard if I don't intend to fire. </div></div>

+1