• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Tract zerostop adjusting below zero

darth_ritis

money hater
Minuteman
Supporter
  • Jun 19, 2013
    Frederick, CO
    I run a Tract Toric 4-25x50 and I am trying to set the zero stop so that I can dial a few tenths below zero. It's giving me a hell of a time, it only wants to work if I set the zerostop as instructed and the turret cannot go below zero at all.

I've tried having it rotated back a bit, roughly 45 degrees, 60 degrees, 90 degrees, and those did nothing.

Is there a technique that works? Do I have to modify the zerostop to do what I want? I don't really have the tools or skills to be comfortable doing that. Do I need to add shims? Where would I find them in the right size?

Thanks in advance.

Hard to tell in that video, but it looks like a collar on a translating turret, probably with a stop pin in the elevation turret and also a tab or pin on the zero stop collar to stop against the pin in the turret.

If that's the case, with the zero stop removed, zero the rifle and then dial down say 0.5 mils below your zero. Then remove the turret and install the zero stop, rotating it against the stop pin before snugging the screws. Then reinstall the turret at the -0.5 mil line. The zero stop should now be set at -0.5 mil below zero.

Reactions: darth_ritis
    If that's the case, with the zero stop removed, zero the rifle and then dial down say 0.5 mils below your zero. Then remove the turret and install the zero stop, rotating it against the stop pin before snugging the screws. Then reinstall the turret at the -0.5 mil line. The zero stop should now be set at -0.5 mil below zero.
    D'oh! Why didn't I think of that? Thank you, it worked perfectly.