• Frank's Lesson's Contest

We want to see your skills! Post a video between now and November 1st showing what you've learned from Frank's lessons and 3 people will be selected to win a free shirt. Good luck everyone!

Create a channel Learn more
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Tremor 5

This would have been more optimized for competition IMO:

CE2402EB-8039-4E97-8FAA-33AE27EE9721.jpeg

I don't understand why they make what would be the 16 mph wind hold dot for 308 so damn bold. It's not that it's worthless, it's just a strange number to highlight.

It'd make sense to have bold mover dots (maybe 5mph, 10mph, and 15 mph - jog vs run vs sprint) because that is a thing where you'd say fuck it on wind, or be close enough to where it won't matter? Just some thoughts.

Reactions: deersniper
I don’t understand this move. It doesn’t seem like it would be substantial different cost, you are removing a bit of noise but if you have a tremor reticle you should be able to not “see “ what you don’t need but you add a sku...wonder who requested this

I have a pm2 with h59. Awesome reticle. I don’t really need the mover holds but it never hurts having them. Now that all these awesome reticles are out (grid,milxt,skmr3,mpct2) the tremor reticles are a bit obsolete. It’s going to be hard to improve upon what is out there.

Reactions: clcustom1911
I know some like these reticles, but I don't understand the spider web. I get the concept of a tree reticle and it's usefulness, I just don't understand why the Horus reticles are all so cluttered.

I have a scope with an ebr-7b. I NEVER shoot holdovers unless it is required or the stage is a 90 second 8-10 dial stage. Sunday I decided to practice holding over and was consistently hitting 1 moa targets without a problem. (I had been shooting for some time at that point and the wind was steady)

I would assume someone who is practiced could do it insanely well. I feel like the ebr-7b is pretty cluttered, but it looks open compared to many of the Horus reticles. Horus reticles seem like they are extremely gimmicky, and there is a lot of stuff in the way of spotting your shot. I agree with the above poster. I don't see the usefulness with all of the modern reticle choices that are available that strike a better balance.

• Haha
Reactions: Wormydog1724
Should have cleaned it up and started tree at 2 mil like a few others have done then I’d be tempted to get back into one. Who needs all those wind holds for 200-300 yards? Get out to 2 mil + which is around 500 yards on most comp rifles then I can see the need. Liked a lot of the concept on T3 when I owned one but too cluttered around center dot.

Should have cleaned it up and started tree at 2 mil like a few others have done then I’d be tempted to get back into one. Who needs all those wind holds for 200-300 yards? Get out to 2 mil + which is around 500 yards on most comp rifles then I can see the need. Liked a lot of the concept on T3 when I owned one but too cluttered around center dot.

Agreed. This wouldn’t be bad:

F809E342-22FE-4748-82F4-8DF809F8374A.jpeg

Reactions: Alpha Incog
I think if I were to choose one, the 2,3 or 5, it would be dependent on price, if one cost more than the other in the same particular scope Id buy the cheaper one but thats me...Reguardless if we like these busy designs or not, the military seems dedicated to using and traing on these Horus reticles. As long as they are keeping them relevant they will be for us too imho...

-Reagan

I was totally against the 'Christmas tree' style reticle patterns until I made myself sit down and figure it out. After that, it was a match made in heaven and I'm 100% positive I'll ever go back. Definitely excited to see them evolve and hemorrhage more money.