• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Hunting & Fishing Tribute hunting buddy and dog that have passed on

kenai999

Private
Minuteman
Apr 14, 2009
One on the right, Kenai, was a bird finding machine. One time I watched a fellow hunt a qtr. section with his dog. After he was finished I asked if he would mind if I ran my dog over the ground. (Was a walk in area and just wanted to make sure he was finished.) He swore there were no birds on the ground. ... took 3 cocks out the area. Not much on retrieving but, everyone wanted to hunt behind her.

image002.jpg

Buddy on the right passed away this year. I hunted vizslas and he hunted brittanies. We spent a lot of time in Montana, North Daktoa, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas and Colorado hunting our dogs. Even made a trip to Alaska to hunt caribou and fish for salmon and halibut. Ended up spreading some of his ashes in North Dakota on our favorite hunting grounds.

IMAGE002-1.jpg

It is so hard to find good hunting buddies.

Both are missed.

Re: Tribute hunting buddy and dog that have passed on

Best friends. Never replaced, never forgotten. No doubt he is smiling down you now. Let the first pheasant of each new season that flushes, be his. My hat off to you Sir!