Triggered Massachusetts Town Officials Lose It and Vow to Punish Resident For Projecting Epic Trump Sign on Water Tower.

PatMiles

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2017

trump-water-tower-1200x630.jpg
A pro-Trump resident has been projecting an image showing his support for President Trump from his property onto a municipal water tower.
Credit: Boston 25 News
Officials in a small Massachusetts town are in an uproar over a creative pro-Trump fan displaying his support for the 45th President.
As Fox News reported, a man living in Hanson, Massachusetts, has been ordered to stop projecting an epic “Trump 2024” sign from his residence onto the town’s municipal water tower. If he refuses to abide, he will face daily fines.
Hanson Town Administrator Lisa Green released a statement after becoming aware the resident’s creative display.
She claimed the resident was “misleading” the public into believing the town of Hanson condones his actions and supports Trump.
“On Friday, Oct. 11, the Town of Hanson became aware that a resident was projecting the image of a political sign from their property onto the Town of Hanson municipal water tower at 228 High St. This misleads the public into believing that this activity is sanctioned by or condoned by the Town,” Green wrote.
Fox News also notes that Hanson town officials are attempting to counter the visibility of the “Trump 2024” logo by installing a floodlight. However, as of Friday evening, it was still visible to the public.
They are also preparing a Cease and Desist order for the resident and will impose a $100 per day fine until he stops displaying the sign.
“This individual’s actions have the potential to cost a significant amount of taxpayer dollars, including attorney fees, overtime to pay Highway Department workers to turn the spotlight on and off each day, and the potential for having to rent or purchase stronger lighting equipment,” Green stated.
At this point, there is no sign of the resident intending to yield to the officials’ threats. Should he bravely stand his ground, he could find himself in debt from the town’s tyrannical actions.

Devil’s advocate here. Imagine your neighbor projecting a Harris Walz sign on your garage door, house siding, barn, shop etc…
I'd ask myself if it were a Harry/Ballz sign that was projected on the water tower, would I still be indifferent? Or would I be outraged like the county clearly is? A fun experiment would have been to project the harry/ballz sign up there for a while, see if there was outcry from the county. Then change it to the Trump sign, and see how fast they whine.

We all know they're mad because "orange man bad". I do question whether their threat to fine the "perpetrator" is based on a violation of a regulation at all, or if they're going to do it, without legal basis, and hope the threat yields the desired results.

Devil’s advocate here. Imagine your neighbor projecting a Harris Walz sign on your garage door, house siding, barn, shop etc…
You’re 100% correct, and I’d be pissed. And advocating the same as the left is doing now if it was on public property like a water tower. If it’s on my private property, there’s gonna be trouble, and a harassment lawsuit.

Yes, it’s public property, but it will be interesting to see where this one goes… It’s just a light projection, not a physical/permanent manifestation on the water tower like a painted sign.

Does the government own light? One could argue that the water tower just happens to be in the way of that light as it’s beaming off into the cosmos.

What if the water tower was near a car dealership or some small business, and they projected a billboard type ad on the water tower?

I’d think something more along the lines of rules governing graffiti on public spaces would apply here… Honestly don’t know though.

You’re 100% correct, and I’d be pissed. And advocating the same as the left is doing now if it was on public property like a water tower. If it’s on my private property, there’s gonna be trouble, and a harassment lawsuit.

Yes, it’s public property, but it will be interesting to see where this one goes… It’s just a light projection, not a physical/permanent manifestation on the water tower like a painted sign.

Does the government own light? One could argue that the water tower just happens to be in the way of that light as it’s beaming off into the cosmos.

What if the water tower was near a car dealership or some small business, and they projected a billboard type ad on the water tower?

I’d think something more along the lines of rules governing graffiti on public spaces would apply here… Honestly don’t know though.

But it is not “on” public property. It’s a projection. He did not paint it there. Or hang a sign.

As you point out, It is projected photons of light… arguably a broadcast in the electromagnetic spectrum…. At a frequency not controlled by the FCC.

The tower happens to be in the way of that broadcast.

For years, advertisers have been saying they will use clouds, space reflectors and other “blank canvases” to project messages for consumers. And no legislation has addressed these plans.

Here is a guy broadcasting a legal message on into uncontrolled airspace and it is appearing on a water tower.

He has not touched property. He has not burned an image in. He has not trespassed. He has not violated a pesky noise ordnance. Town probably does not have a light pollution ordnance.

So the town can pound sand!

Sirhr

So someone COULD project a Harris sign on your garage? It is not painted there. It is not a sign.

It is political advertising on town property, regardless of the manner of advertising.

Arguably... yes, someone could project onto your garage.

They can fly drones over your property and take pictures. They can gather photos of your property from aircraft and space (photos are just recordings of reflected light photons). What's the difference between gathering photons and projecting them? (In the 'radio world' the FCC has NO power to stop anyone from 'listening' to any frequency. But since light is not in the FCC's domain... then who is to stop anyone from gathering (watching it) or projecting (broadcasting) it.

And is it political advertising if it's being done by an individual? Or is it their free speech rights? If the Trump campaign was paying to have it done... then it may be political advertising. If I am projecting a message I support, then is it advertising? Or my right to support a candidate in an election... a protected form of speech!

Not saying I have all the answers. And are my arguments for its being protected being pedantic? Sure... but that's what arguments are based on.

But I also don't have a valid argument against it. And saying "It's not free speech if I don't like it" is not a valid argument.

Sirhr

Last edited:
Arguably... yes, someone could project onto your garage.

A flashlight? Probably if it not in a manner considered harassment or offensive. A Harris ad? Pretty sure you could get someone enjoined from doing such.

They can fly drones over your property and take pictures. They can gather photos of your property from aircraft and space (photos are just recordings of reflected light photons).

Yes, but only to a point where you are not violating their privacy. You cannot hover a drone outside a window. Different states have varying laws as to when a drone could be a violation. But this nothing to do with the subject. "Photons" are not defined, mentioned, or discussed in any state or local statutes I am aware of

What's the difference between gathering photons and projecting them? (In the 'radio world' the FCC has NO power to stop anyone from 'listening' to any frequency. But since light is not in the FCC's domain... then who is to stop anyone from gathering (watching it) or projecting (broadcasting) it.

Photons are not the problem. It is political advertising, and the town has laws against it. Even if they didn't have one that directly addressed this particular situation, they could certainly craft one fairly quickly and could force the individual to stop.

And is it political advertising if it's being done by an individual? Or is it their free speech rights? If the Trump campaign was paying to have it done... then it may be political advertising. If I am projecting a message I support, then is it advertising? Or my right to support a candidate in an election... a protected form of speech!
It doesn't matter who pays for it. If I buy a sign with my own money and place it your yard, is that a problem? Freedom of speech, yes?

Wearing a Trump or MAGA hat is advertising. Just don't put it on someone else's head. You can't infringe on other's rights/property/person to exercise your rights without violating theirs.

Reactions: RPN
It's a lot more clear cut if he's projecting it onto your private property and disturbing your quiet enjoyment. Open and shut.

Much more murky on public property. Generally the answer to free speech in America has always been more free speech. It's only very recently that people have come to believe they are the arbiters of truth and the arbiters of what's in the public's best interests.

I say if they have a problem they should project Harris-Walz on the other side.

This could possibly be considered a "light nuisance" which is a form of property disturbance that can be actionable in some areas, but I think previous cases are mostly for private property disturbance

For ex a neighbor has a bright spotlight on their house pointing into your bedroom window that keeps you awake at night sort of thing. Not sure this creates a disturbance in any way on a public water tower. but you know how those left leaning judges are...

I thought of this :D
1729083193084.png

At the moment we don't hate him because he's the only one holding onto for speech and allowing it on any major platform.

But at the same time you also need to recognize that he is a Luciferian.
what would make you think he's a luciferian? he's not religious at all, he even said so in a recent interview. he wants to believe in God, he just doesn't really.