• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Triggers that fit AICS

Jonlow209

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2009
United States
Someone told me that only the old style trigger from the Remington 700 models were the only triggers that DOES NOT need modification when fitting it into an AICS stock. I have also read that the AICS stock fits most custom triggers like Timney triggers without modification. Which one is true?

Re: Triggers that fit AICS

I believe there was a change sometime in the past with the trigger inletting in the AICS to allow more room. The AICS that I bought in March of 2008 fit the X-Mark Pro trigger without a problem. The size and shape of aftermarket triggers is going to vary from one manufacturer to the next. It's usually in the area of the safety that requires additional fitting to get proper clearance. Stacey Blankenship and Bauer Arms both here on the hide are AI dealers and could tell you what triggers will clear with little or no fitting.

My Timney didn't have any problem. Second thought, I needed to introduce Mr. Dremel to shave off a little bit to the pin to get the safety thing to work properly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tim1071</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a Jewel HVR on a Rem 700 in an AICS and it dropped right in. </div></div>
I find that hard to believe unless they have updated the AICS!

i have an older AICS and a new updated one. the new AICS has more room in the trigger area. i have Jewell triggers in both. i did have to thin the heads of the pivot pins for the safety linkage to fit both. i did not modify either stock.