All subscriptions are on sale! Pick yours below

Subscribe

Trijicon credo 2.5-15??

Joko111

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 25, 2021
Maryland
I have a custom rifle I’ve built and I’m lookin to get something to replace the swfa 3-15 I currently have on it, later on down the road I want the 4-16 atacr but right now it’s way out of my budget…. So I’m looking into the credo 2.5-15… I just need something that will return to zero, track well, and is a bit brighter than the swfa, (the illumination will be nice) I hunt with this rifle out to 600 but shoot steel out to 1k every now and then, let me know what you think about this scope

I have one on top of an 18" .223 Wylde precision upper. Used it for a Ridgeline Scoped Carbine course, no problems out to 700yds at their range. Easy zero stop setting. Tracks reliably for me. Glass is clean/clear, reticle (Precision MRAD SFP) is good -- but you must remember that the reticle scales with magnification. The reticle has reminders along the bottom periphery for the multipliers at several X power.

I have several Credo second focal plane scopes, they all have nice glass and useful turrets. Glass is on the warm side of coloration. Still good in flat, low light. My winter/grey season is long and we rarely see sun. I shoot a lot in the evenings around sunset, even on snowy or socked-in days I find the sight picture clear.

Reactions: simonp and Joko111
I had one for a long time, I had a running review of it on Rokslide. Killed a bunch of animals with it.

IMG_6311.jpeg

It’s a very nice scope, but the Maven RS1.2 is better in every way IMO. Same weight and form factor give or take small differences but a much better reticle and FFP. In fact, for hunting, the Maven FFP reticle is better than the Credo’s SFP, the Credo reticle is ridiculously thin for a SFP.

Does Maven use L.O.W. as primary optic mfr -- and maybe L.O.W. just tweaked the platform the Credo sfp was based on? Does the glass look similar, turrets similar etc?

They are different animals as far as I can tell. Yes made by LOW. Turrets feel much better on the Maven and are 10 MIL vs the Credos 8 MIL, by all accounts the Maven glass is top notch but I haven't had much field time with it yet. I can tell you the Credo was unusable in low light without the illumination on, I made a habit of turning it on about 15 minutes before the end of legal light when hunting.

Reactions: flogxal
I have the 56mm objective version.
While I am a believer in FFP for many things, it is not the answer to all things.
My only complaint is the elevation turret lacks feel, I did remove the turret and lube it with silicone grease and it improved.
I am tempted to remove the o ring on the turret, as it will likely improve the tactile response.
The windage turret (capped) does not have the added weatherproofing and the adjustments are awesome.
The glass is clear and bright, the parallax is pretty forgiving. The field of view is impressive (this is important in a hunting/tactical scope)