• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Trijicon TA47R-2 works great on 16inch AR

kylemishaps

Private
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2012
Trijicons website states that the TA47R-2 is compact and works well with Uzis and other compact weapons, but what they don't say, is that it also works extremely well on AR's. Especially if you are trying to go for a light build with an optic. The specs on this optic are: Fiber optic/tritium illumination source, 2x20 objective, bindon aiming concept, eye relief (as the manual says 2.1 inches) But I have had it out to 8 inches and was still clear. The weight was the biggest feature that drove me to this purchase. Out of everything, it only weighs 5.8 ounces compared to the 1.5lb weight of an 4x ACOG. Adding this put this new build at 7.5lbs. Only problem I had with scope in getting it, is its only option is for mounting on a carry handle, but you can use a standard AR flat top mount. So I had to buy this one from LaRue. Other than that, this optic is effective further out than what Trijicons website states. It says 150-200m, Ive shot out to 350m and was still hitting the target every shot. The reason for this post is let the people, who think that the TA47R-2 is only for subs or compact weapons with compact calibers is wrong. I have had a few people argue that it doesn't look right, or that the optic is not designed with intentions of 5.56 recoil. Please let me know what you think of this.

1ce9c343.jpg

5aa65547.jpg

806d345e.jpg

This is @ eye relief 2 inches
2b19ba01.jpg

This is @ eye relief 8 inches
c27bad7a.jpg