• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Trijicon Tenmile 3-18x44?

Tac Beard

Privy
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2014

Too soon to tell, but this looks like a promising candidate for a FFP hunting scope.

-24.4oz
-30mm tube
-Capped windage
-8 mil/turn
-Zero stop
-Red/green illumination
-Decent battery life

Not crazy about the reticle for a FFP hunting application. Other than that it looks pretty solid.

F5682C6A-E5B0-4F06-A363-73BC4874FC60.jpeg

This looks like a cool feature.

If this had AMG or NF on the side everyone would be going ape sh1t...except for one thang, that is one long ass donkey kong shlong scope! 15"
Unless you’re worried about fitting a clip-on or blast from a short barreled rig, I don’t really see a huge downside to a 15” scope on a bolt gun.

For my hunting rifle, 8 mils gets me a little over 1,100 yards, so I see no problem there, plus a canted mount can give a little more.

Seems like I read a lot of “I want a 3(ish) - 18(ish) lightweight crossover
with capped windage 30mm tube, floating dot tree reticle, etc, etc.”

Seems like this checks a lot of boxes, but it won’t keep folks from complaining about something. Like I said, not ‘perfect’ but you can’t please everyone.

FOV, length, eye relief, exit pupil and adjustment per turn all point to this being a re-incarnation of Sig's Gen 1 Tango6 3-18x44.

It sounds like street price, per EuroOptic website, will be in the $1500 range.

I really liked the Gen 1 Tango6 3-18x44, so this is a very good thing that the design is coming back.

ILya

I like 10 mil turrets. Just like I like mils over MOA. Groups of 10. I shoot .308, 6.5cm, .338lm, .22, .223, etc.
I understand liking 10 per rev. My scopes now have rev indicators and/or 2nd rev numerical references on the turret.

In my mind this is a crossover scope or hunting specific just based on price & weight (although I could easily be wrong). My only point/thought being 8 mils is more than sufficient for 99% of hunters.

Reactions: notorious
Holy balls, is NF really offering a normal-ish Christmas tree reticle in the first focal plane? Will wonders never cease?

As an owner of a 1st gen Tango6 3-18x44, I am a fan of the idea of that optic still being available, and with an improved (IMO) reticle, to boot (the DEV-L wasn't available on the 1st gen Tango6s).

I'm mostly concerned about durability. I heard some stuff about the accupower feeling flimsy (no hands on though so take it with a grain of salt)... definite no go for me in an optic in the 1000$+ range.

Also how is trijicon customer service? Are they one of the companies that dont really care if you arent MIL/LE or are they good all around?

I am new to this sport and am considering this as an option due to its weight and price range.

With a 6.5 creed and a 20 moa base, how much elevation range do you feel I should expect to have available on the turret? By my estimate I was thinking I should expect about 13-14 mils in available elevation, and I think it should give me the possibility of 1200 yards.

The other scope I am considering is the XTR III.

Anybody end up trying one of these out?

I've got a Kahles K525 on my primary hunting rifle, and I'm considering moving the Kahles to a more appropriate rifle and maybe try out the 3-18 Tenmile.

Anyone have likes/dislikes or pros/cons they can share??

Anybody end up trying one of these out?

I've got a Kahles K525 on my primary hunting rifle, and I'm considering moving the Kahles to a more appropriate rifle and maybe try out the 3-18 Tenmile.

Anyone have likes/dislikes or pros/cons they can share??

I have one. Got it for around $1400 at Big Daddy Unlimited. Midway also had good prices last I checked.

It is my first ever scope, but I have some experience with an old Elcan 3.4x that we used to use at work.

Comparatively, I'd say the glass is as clear as I can imagine glass can be. At 18x, it gets a little awkward since it is sensitive to proper eye relief at max power (seems like eye relief is reduced at max power compared to everything from 3 up to 15). That said, the Elcan was much more sensitive to eye relief as I remember it.

It's a bit heavy for my application, but I don't consider this a con. More of just me having much to learn about bolt gun set ups.

Overall I'm happy with it. I like it better than my uncle's Vortex Viper (I shot three or four rounds through his to help confirm zero). Although the Viper is nice also.

Reactions: Secant
any updates?

Wish I could be more helpful, but I have near-zero frame of reference for comparison.

Got out to the range recently to re-zero it after changing scope mounts. The point of aim was a 1" orange dot. At 100 yards, I found myself wanting more than 18x for zeroing purposes (could be an eyesight thing, tbh).

There were also situations where I wished that the detailed reticle had been a simple cross hair set up, just for field of view purposes. Also wish that it had a range estimator etched in.

Just got back from my first hunting trip (did NOT use the scope) but I learned that a range estimator in the scope would be amazing. I used a digital stand alone one, and found that I consistently underestimate distance when eyeballing it in the wild.

That said, I shot about 1-1/4 moa, calling my "fliers" (the so-called fliers being the shots that stretched the group out beyond 1" using Black Hills 168 TMKs). In other words, the glass was clear enough that I could see the difference between a perfectly on-target trigger break, and one that was just a hair off. To get on paper, I used M80 ball, and was grouping more than 2" if that is any indicator of the scope's performance (not sure if it is or not).

Reactions: BigBaboon
Curious about this optic as well it checks a lot of boxes for a hunting rifle. How are the turrets?

I'm no expert, but to my hand, the turrets feel solid. Positive detents between each setting.

As I said above, anyone local is welcome to try it out. Perhaps someone with more knowledge than me and a wider basis for comparison can get behind it and give it a proper review.

As you said, though, it checks a lot of boxes, which is why I considered (and eventually bought) it.

Curious about this optic as well it checks a lot of boxes for a hunting rifle. How are the turrets?
I had the 4-24 for a while and I think the turrets were the same between those two models. They're a pretty small turret with 8 mils per rev so they are pretty close together. The clicks were decent but not great. If you weren't watching you would have to really pay attention to how many clicks you were adjusting.

Reactions: 5RWill
I had the 4-24 for a while and I think the turrets were the same between those two models. They're a pretty small turret with 8 mils per rev so they are pretty close together. The clicks were decent but not great. If you weren't watching you would have to really pay attention to how many clicks you were adjusting.
How do they compare to say a VX6HD? We have one of those and i honestly like the Tenmile much better across the board. Mainly casuse it's Mil but the reticle is also much better.

This guy spoke very highly of his. To the point of being better than a Zeiss V6 which is very good.

Any more information than just claiming it's not that good? What you did or didn't like about it?
Just didn’t have much adjustment range for people who want to shoot far. I’m sure it’s fine I just don’t think I will be getting one. Feel like there are much better value scopes in that price range

Just didn’t have much adjustment range for people who want to shoot far. I’m sure it’s fine I just don’t think I will be getting one. Feel like there are much better value scopes in that price range

Wait have you used it? If you haven't used it I don't understand the assertion against it. Sure the travel isn't that far but for it's purpose, which is a hunting hybrid it checks a lot of boxes lacking in the Mil/Mil SFP realm. Which is why a we're curious about the optic.

No I haven’t used it. I could see why some people would like it but the lack of travel is a deal breaker for me personally. I have the 1-8 trijicon which seems comparable. Feel like that scope is slightly overpriced but if these guys who have em love then I would trust their opinion.

How do they compare to say a VX6HD? We have one of those and i honestly like the Tenmile much better across the board. Mainly casuse it's Mil but the reticle is also much better.
I think I’d trust the Tenmile more than the VX-6HD.
I think glass is similar. Eye box seemed a little better in the Leupold. The Tenmile line seems to be broken down between a couple different designs. The 4.5-30 appears to be the same as the Maven RS4 and the Delta Stryker. The 3-18 and 4-24 have a different base design, the specs on the 4-24 appeared to be the same as the Delta Titanium. I was never able to do a tracking test on the Tenmile but it seemed like a high quality scope, especially in the ~1k mark.

Okay, so I lent my rifle and scope to a friend of mine.

He is an ex-military sniper and police sniper. I asked him to take a look at the scope for me to tell me what he thinks of it. Didn't ask him to shoot with it, since ammo is nowhere to be found on earth at the moment.

However, if we can get a list of questions that folks would like answered, I can compile it and see what he says about how the scope compares to its competition.

I'll wait a few days and then put the list together and ask him.

For those that have one of the Tenmile 3-18x44's in hand, what are the actual measurements for the objective and ocular bells?
I'm trying to order some flip scope caps, and the measurements off Trijicon's website don't seem to match the notes I took when taking a rough measurement the last time I saw one. One of us is pretty wrong. LOL
I appreciate any help.

Sam Mc,

Sorry, I missed your post. Yes, I'm happy with it. But I have very little practical experience with it. Also, I am new to scopes, so am still figuring out all the features and functions it has (just learned that the parallax adjustment [I think that's what the knob on the left is called] helps with focus at various distances, for example).

I changed the mounting solution recently, so will have to get out and re-zero it. I will report my experience.

As to it's capability at 600y, I have no idea. Sure does have a clear picture, though. Light transmission is good, too (again, based on my limited experience with scopes and magnified optics in general, which includes a 3.4x Elcan, a 3.0x Aimpoint/Magnifier, and a 3.0x Trijicon MRO HD, and some form of ACOG back when I was deployed in 07).

When I asked my buddy what he thought of the scope, he said it was a very good scope. When I first showed it to him, he seemed surprised and impressed. I asked what he would choose instead of it, and he referenced his military experience (mid 80s to late 90s): He said US Optics and Nightforce, since they are a "known quantity" in terms of ruggedness.

As I said before, if you have any specific questions, let me know. I'll ask.

Bakwa,
How precise of a measurement do you need? I don't have a micrometer on hand, but if these things are somewhat standard, I'd be happy to check mine with a tape measure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bakwa
Bakwa,
How precise of a measurement do you need? I don't have a micrometer on hand, but if these things are somewhat standard, I'd be happy to check mine with a tape measure.
It think I just need to be within an eighth of an inch or so. Just trying to purchase some butler creek caps for a client to put on all of there's. Don't have a sample of the score on hand, but apparently measured differently than Trijicon does the last time I did have one.
If you can, I'd appreciate it. If not, no worries. The client is gonna get sorted out one way or another.