• Frank's Lesson's Contest

We want to see your skills! Post a video between now and November 1st showing what you've learned from Frank's lessons and 3 people will be selected to win a free shirt. Good luck everyone!

Create a channel Learn more
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Tripod carry options

K15G

Private
Minuteman
Aug 18, 2020
Hi all!

Quick one for the sniper community, the hunters, and those taking their gear off the range.

How do y’all carry your Tripod? I have a set up by shadow tech and I use it on every hunt to open my ranges up. The grass in the areas I shoot is too high to run a bipod and the suitability of a good tree is not always available so I don’t leave it to chance.

Currently I am walking with my rifle slung to my front and my tripod in my hand. It sucks and I want to see if i can get maybe a readily availble sling for the tripod and continue to carry my rifle. Something that won’t get in the way that I can rapidly access and rapidly repack so I can get back on the move with some speed.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Cheers.

I had the same concern. Bought a carry bag for my RRS tripod. Very nice but was still not the answer for me.
I ended up making a simple para chord sling.
Simple, light, fast and quiet.

Hi all!

Quick one for the sniper community, the hunters, and those taking their gear off the range.

How do y’all carry your Tripod? I have a set up by shadow tech and I use it on every hunt to open my ranges up. The grass in the areas I shoot is too high to run a bipod and the suitability of a good tree is not always available so I don’t leave it to chance.

Currently I am walking with my rifle slung to my front and my tripod in my hand. It sucks and I want to see if i can get maybe a readily availble sling for the tripod and continue to carry my rifle. Something that won’t get in the way that I can rapidly access and rapidly repack so I can get back on the move with some speed.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Cheers.
TAB Gear- great option

I use a standard Vickers combat sling with the plastic hardware, secured to a tripod leg with some simple velcro straps from Amazon. Works great, super cheap, and used materials I already had on hand.

I keep the legs secured with another velco strap around all 3 legs to keep them from opening.

Tripod sling.jpg
Tripod sling.jpg

Reactions: 6.5SH and scwhit
When I am walking the woods I like to be hands free, so the combination of a riggers belt / malice clip / Blue Force Quick pull disconnect to a forward mounting position on the rifle is really stable with a single sling to the rear of the rifle is really handy; release the forward mount and shoulder the rifle, fast as Wiley coyote. The tripods are carried on the back pack externally, but the legs are prevented from flopping about by an elastic 550 paracord retainer, simple lock-over fastener system.

DSCN2378 copy.JPG
DSCN2388 copy.JPG
IMG_0727 copy.JPG
IMG_0731 copy.JPG
Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 7.30.33 PM.png

I use the rifle carrier on my daypack. It cups the legs and uses a couple of straps across the bag to hold it. 2 buckles and my pack is off, 2 more buckles and the sling is out. If I'm heading to a spot to sit all day, it goes in the bag and sticks out the top. Rifle goes in the carrier.

Weak side of ruck via lashings where at least 1 in candy caned around a leg.

Added benefit if you use a ruck that has lashings, but also a bottom 'pocket' you can stow the bottom of the legs in before lashing.

Armageddon tripod sling. Or hooked to rifle

65485390-4DFF-4E31-A770-D69F4C12856C.png

I have a tripod bag too but that takes longer to deploy. Would be good on longer hikes so I don’t have to worry about tripod feet and binoculars and rifle trying to compete for most battle worn finish

Reactions: NVScout
Compression straps on my pack and an old canteen pouch for the bottom of the legs (so it hangs below my pack) if going a ways. Armageddon Gear tripod sling if not going far or want to deploy quickly.