• Frank's Lesson's Contest

We want to see your skills! Post a video between now and November 1st showing what you've learned from Frank's lessons and 3 people will be selected to win a free shirt. Good luck everyone!

Create a channel Learn more
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Tripods

Tremor3Guy

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 5, 2019
If you were to recommend a carbon fiber shooting tripod setup, what would it be for say a sub $500, sub $1000 and no price is an issue? It seems like it’s hard to narrow down all the different options out there to a good quality for price range of equipment, and RRS isn’t in everyone’s budget at the moment.

I agree with Leofoto, but you might also look at the carbon fiber ones from Shadow Tech LLC (hog saddle) They are pretty nice. Maybe hold out for this Colorado based tripod company that Frank has been working with. Sounds like they might be a decent option.

For sub $500 it's going to be really hard to beat an Innorel RT-90C tripod for <$300 and a DLOW-55 ball head for <$180. Both found on Amazon. If the RT-90C is too big for your tastes, the RT-80C is a cheaper option. There's also a DB-44 for almost $100 less than the DLOW-55.

I agree with Leofoto, but you might also look at the carbon fiber ones from Shadow Tech LLC (hog saddle) They are pretty nice. Maybe hold out for this Colorado based tripod company that Frank has been working with. Sounds like they might be a decent option.

I was kinda thinking the same too but can’t find the last podcast where he was talking about it and when it might be available

I love my PVA comp-40 but they seem to be a unicorn now. For a head, RRS Anvil-30 is a must! Best one out there and easy one hand operation while behind the rifle.

$900 for the complete setup.

Leofoto LN 364 C and LH-55 ball head. $750 from amazon. Really happy with the setup.

The RRS Anvil-30 is extremely nice. I just can’t justify the RRS tripod. It is almost double the cost of my entire setup

At under $500, I like my PRST. I removed the center column but i just wanted to tinker and take some minor slop out. All in all, I’m happy with it and would buy again. Picked it up from Shadow Tech (HOG Saddle) a while back.

I heard great things about their PIG tripod but never had hands on.

Last edited:
I have the pig tripod with the pig saddle and a sunwayfoto Fb 52gnn all good except for the head not overly impressed but it works. Nothing carbon fiber but I would have more than twice as much or more in that setup. The better ballhead (many choices available) would be my recommendation. I have shot AR'S to 7mmrem.
My. 02

RT90C : $300
RRS TA3 : $300

Very solid. So far, I am enjoying this tripod setup.

D96C0B8C-B3B4-4B0C-8614-CFC891FF6D2B.jpeg

I have the pig tripod with the pig saddle and a sunwayfoto Fb 52gnn all good except for the head not overly impressed but it works. Nothing carbon fiber but I would have more than twice as much or more in that setup. The better ballhead (many choices available) would be my recommendation. I have shot AR'S to 7mmrem.
My. 02
same setup i went with except i have the hog saddle, handled all the way up to a savage 338 lapua

Reactions: Zeroit