TTI Armory - site back up

Re: TTI Armory - site problems or gone?

They've been out of business for a few years now. Last I heard they were rolled into AWC's ammo division. Such a shame - they made awesome ammo.

Yeah, the website was up for a long time afterwards, but you would never hear from them. Most likely the hosting was still paid out for a couple years, so it remained. I got some .408CT ammo from them in early 2007, around which time apparently they had problems and shut down. I heard all kinds of rumors as to why, but they're just rumors. If you search the Hide, you'll see I posted last year at some point that I noticed AWC started an ammo division and how much it looked exactly like TTI's.

See here...

http://www.awcammo.com/Company.html

<span style="font-style: italic">AWC Systems Technology announces an alliance with highly respected TTI Armory, a company with more than a decade of experience in the manufacturing of match ammunition, to form AWC Munitions. The new partnership will produce premium match centerfire cartridges for pistols, rifles and subguns in a variety of bullets and velocity configurations. </span>

Hi Dogtown:

I followed up on your lead and received this reply, "Our products are the bullet technology from tti armory". I sent a follow up to find out whether bullets (alone) are available but received no reply. On 9/4 PM I will be removing the TTI listings from my site.

Thanks agian for the lead.

Dogtown:

I'm confused why you're confused.

I started the thread trying to find out why their site was down, concerned that the company was out of business. Their website is no longer down - so I passed the word. I also advised that I have e-mailed them to "double confirm" they are still in business (i.e., to confirm that the website's reappearance was not just some system-generated reboot of a 404 condition).

Still confused? If so, please be more specific as to the nature of the confusion and I'll try to unconfuse you.

I'm confused in context to my original post. For all intents and purposes, they were MIA for at least 2 years then the AWC ammo division starts up with pretty much the same profile. As you linked to, there is a connection. But now apparently TTI is still around but retail sales are going through AWC? Like I said, it's all confusing. No matter, I'm glad they're still around.