• Frank's Lesson's Contest

We want to see your skills! Post a video between now and November 1st showing what you've learned from Frank's lessons and 3 people will be selected to win a free shirt. Good luck everyone!

Create a channel Learn more
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Ultimate ar-15

Mj30wilson900

Wizard of the Southern Wind
Minuteman
  • Jul 25, 2020
    Missouri
    Imagine you were the soldier and you could mix and match any at parts in the world what would make up your gun. The government would supply any future parts as if they have no currently fielded rifle. Basically a do over.
    For me:
    Kac lower magpul moe+ furniture
    Lmt upper with lmt quick barrel change capability Kac e3 bolt and barrel extension and mod 2 gas system.
    Kac buis
    Kac barrel

Last edited:
    Imagine you were the soldier and you could mix and match any at parts in the world what would make up your gun. The government would supply any future parts as if they have no currently fielded rifle. Basically a do over.
    For me:
    Kac lower magpul moe+ furniture
    Lmt upper with lmt quick barrel change capability Kac e3 bolt and barrel extension and mod 2 gas system.
    Kac buis
    Kac barrel

KAC 14.5 SR15... Again with a Bartlein 400MODBB super steel barrel, but I'm a Accuracy Junky. The KAC SR15 16" barrels are pretty accurate with handloads about .75 MOA but closer to 1 MOA with Match BOX Ammo with a average shooter behind it.

IMG_20161021_170413481.jpg

The below pic of the rifle with the target.

The target has two groups top is 5rds bottom center is a 10rd with Black Hills 77gr
    IMG_20160921_160442313.jpg

Reactions: Mj30wilson900
    No needs an AR-14 with a 100 round clip, black guns are scary and just plain stupid. The Founding Fathers never meant for us to have military grade fully semi-autos.

I’m a clean freak, though, so would definitely opt for this:

A Soldiers primary rifle doesn’t need to be switch barrel. He can have a different upper is he’s cool, if he’s not, it doesn’t matter much anyway.

I’d almost look at a longer 16” barrel if it improves the performance of A1. SR15 is fine. Tune gas specific to a1 and give me a little heavier profile by the chamber. Give me a micro can that keeps the edge off and situational awareness up. Low flash though. I’d like to see the efab or a mams as a standard issue flash suppressing comp.

Just give normal joe some ear pro if no can.

A Soldiers primary rifle doesn’t need to be switch barrel. He can have a different upper is he’s cool, if he’s not, it doesn’t matter much anyway.

I’d almost look at a longer 16” barrel if it improves the performance of A1. SR15 is fine. Tune gas specific to a1 and give me a little heavier profile by the chamber. Give me a micro can that keeps the edge off and situational awareness up. Low flash though. I’d like to see the efab or a mams as a standard issue flash suppressing comp.

Just give normal joe some ear pro if no can.
    May not need to be switch barrel but i would think adapting his barrel length to the mission would be useful. If every soldier had that option used or not it would make them more versatile.

That’s why you have different uppers. You can’t just swap a barrel and go patrol. You need to zero at least an optic and laser now. And once people have confidence in their shit they aren’t gonna want to change it, hence already zeroed second upper.

That’s why you have different uppers. You can’t just swap a barrel and go patrol. You need to zero at least an optic and laser now. And once people have confidence in their shit they aren’t gonna want to change it, hence already zeroed second upper.
    I can see that. I guess at the Armors level it would be faster and easier to maintenance but then would it be a better system for the armed forces because of that point.