• Site Updates Coming Monday

We’re planning to start making changes bright and early on Monday so you might see the site down fir a bit, but no worries, we’ll make our changes and be back as soon as we can!

VIEW THREAD
  • Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Upcoming Epic Adventure Ride

ArmyJerry

fukallyall
Banned !
Nov 22, 2012
Kicking Ass Somewhere
Start at the US/Mex Border and run up to Prudhoe Bay then back down the west side of BC into Ganga land (Seattle) then Idaho Utah back into Texas. 5 weeks or so of epic America.

Ca_MFYjY0H5WLicpnVCuCgcXcQlT0LHfCiI5A7okTxXqfIHx4RzvZ_2mpYxiSh-edNdHwi1VlufxMcUD4F94I4GIzYzyzY-S924Mguv6NdbyGgMJ23WUQnCQMItje9zvLNtedmtnxsL3e_ST-w5H_2T65xs711YnO-N6nMlyuoKwxSH8hyJmY78qR3aRe82G85g5i8DWYGA6v5QaA0ETCr6ozqde1CvQiDP5LdVC0VDBG0hfzwQJku1AahY3iQtrV2MbKTnSw0PtoaQLxf4EFzOefefqJUSSTI-UXRdTq5WamPmDu6oGiFvXX_WQ5mLeZ3X9ASwLJoOxgwYxwLV3KCS4T3ZvmZgWjmco-mB3IMsFFejSFXMhGIM-eDbFFoaySms404RNx6-V_Txmr_I0O7qa3aJ3bjkuPKolPOb0Bw2738V8dHRgVL-FsiI-cnMCDR0PlhF35g2yFIrnBCljGHWDlk4iee7ugERnzZPXQoxDdQmzShEsSIdpc367HXRNWiUSAMPZIlsG8Bb7bR_-McdwIt4yvlKyrBAC_LWo5jeINFf8leupsFmo8odg33ijZLmM83rDLQcEKmL77ZS_dSpjTMdhOBkz9gN91tojSH5gTySuZiA2T_9fqSu1l65Nm8m8ejznhs0QsbJdLQTmb3A_oL5pd9yl=w1534-h989-no

Looks like your gonna have a great time on the open road, someday I'll be able to take the time to do a trip like that. If you feel inclined when you get to Ganga land, send me a message and I'll buy ya a beverage. Also https://touratech-usa.com headquarters is here and I heard they offer weary travelers on motorcycles a place to stay if you need one.

Reactions: ArmyJerry
AJ
When you are near I70 on the divide in CO (around Loveland or Berthoud pass on US 6 or 40 respectively) give a holler. Depending on where you stop for the night, might be able to meet for dinner and a brew. Lived up between them for years and know a couple places.
Very dependent on time, kids, stuff and would love to try to make it work.

Have a safe ride!

Reactions: Bender
Are you camping at all? And on the ktm?Im on a road trip now and couldnt believe the alpine loop around silverton co. Camped at 12000ft no one around. The scenery was almost as good as denali, but you could drive instead of walk. Some of it is rocky and ive only ridden dirt bikes so i dont know about the big ktms ability? If you wanted a day off they rent quads, sxs, and jeeps.

Enjoy! Don't nuke to many rude fucks in your travels!

Beat me to it. I was going to tell him not to forget to pack a couple small tactical nukes just in case. Do watch out for the Grizzlys. They are bad sum bitches and can run 35mph.

Reactions: Snipe260
AJ
When you are near I70 on the divide in CO (around Loveland or Berthoud pass on US 6 or 40 respectively) give a holler. Depending on where you stop for the night, might be able to meet for dinner and a brew. Lived up between them for years and know a couple places.
Very dependent on time, kids, stuff and would love to try to make it work.

Have a safe ride!
Send me a pm... I’ll see if my schedule lets me off. I’m in Cheyenne.

You should see if your route takes you through Centennial WY, goes right over a small pass right by Mirror lake.... beautiful area.

Biggest hurdle is going trough Canada, I gotta go gunless and become a serf for as long as it takes me to get through. Sad really as its a beautiful country.
Just stow a couple ARs in the secret compartment. Customs will never find them

Your map doesn't have you anywhere near Prudhoe Bay. That looks like you're going to Tuktoyaktuk. Past Yellowknife those "roads" are all rivers (ice roads), and are only accessible four or five months out of the year. Twin Otter is the only way around up there in the summer. In the winter you would need:
1330363221.jpg

And that's more adventure than non-masochists would want.

Your map doesn't have you anywhere near Prudhoe Bay. That looks like you're going to Tuktoyaktuk. Past Yellowknife those "roads" are all rivers (ice roads), and are only accessible four or five months out of the year. Twin Otter is the only way around up there in the summer. In the winter you would need:
1330363221.jpg

And that's more adventure than non-masochists would want.
I am curious about hlthe west route too because I will,do Alaska in 2020... The roads are pretty limited, but the coastal ferry system looks like just the ticket... Kodiak island and out the Aleutian chain... Ride a few,islands.... Enjoy tje ferry. So far, thats my plan. Going to have to mail a gun to myself, too. Canada sucks.

Cheers, sirhr

Using Google Earth it looks like I'm wrong (it has been a long time). It looks like there is a real road from Inuvik up to Tuk. Aklavic still looks totally cut off, but the Canukians have been busy road building in the last decades....
That is some ROUGH country to build roads in.

I am curious about hlthe west route too because I will,do Alaska in 2020... The roads are pretty limited, but the coastal ferry system looks like just the ticket... Kodiak island and out the Aleutian chain... Ride a few,islands.... Enjoy tje ferry. So far, thats my plan. Going to have to mail a gun to myself, too. Canada sucks.

Cheers, sirhr

Thats the way to do it, and the ferry isnt that expensive. Ive been wanting to do that for a while. Might be ready by 2020 if you would accept company. I used to be an avid simmer and couldnt stay out of the water wherever I went. Always wanted to be able to say I swam in the Artic Ocean/Beaufort Sea

Look left and wave when you cross I-10, I'm in SE Arizona, (Sunsites) Pearce, AZ.

It's a very small high desert community (no traffic lights) about 15mi S of I-10 on RT-191.

When the mines in Tombstone flooded out, the emphasis on gold and silver mining shifted here to Pearce. The law had come to SE Arizona by then, and Pearce became a (mostly) family community under one mining corporation as opposed to Tombstone, which had many different competing mining concerns.

I look left from the end of my driveway and I know that I'm probably looking at Cochise's grave, hidden in the area of Cochise Stronghold, somewhere up in the Dragoon Mountains overlooking our little town. FYI, it's Monsoon season here.

You'd love our VFW (Post 9977 - the Double Natural), it's got right around 50% Marines.

Greg

Last edited:
Look left and wave when you cross I-10, I'm in SE Arizona, (Sunsites) Pearce, AZ.

It's a very small high desert community (no traffic lights) about 15mi S of I-10 on RT-191.

When the mines in Tombstone flooded out, the emphasis on gold and silver mining shifted here to Pearce. The law had come to SE Arizona by then, and Pearce became a (mostly) family community under one mining corporation as opposed to Tombstone, which had many different competing mining concerns.

I look left from the end of my driveway and I know that I'm probably looking at Cochise's grave, hidden in the area of Cochise Stronghold, somewhere up in the Dragoon Mountains overlooking our little town. FYI, it's Monsoon season here.

You'd love our VFW (Post 9977 - the Double Natural), it's got right around 50% Marines.

Greg
Ive been up in that area. Rough country, but peaceful, and good for the arthritis.

I've ridden a Harley Ultra all over AK, you just gotta be a decent patient rider, this one will be on a GSA so its like riding a 2 stroke compared to a Harley. As far as route if time permits I will hit Tuktoyatuk but Canada is just a pass through, nothing there I cant see in the lower 48 or AK. I will make a left into Chicken AK from Dawson then on up to Prudhoe, From three is going to be go as far west and north as a rode of any type will let us ride the 500 pound bikes. Then we will get on with the AK ride below down into west BC.

1529625245198.png

Reactions: Bender
Jerry,

I always enjoy myself in Canada but I feel naked the whole time I'm there. Once in a while I will brush my arm along my waist and not feeling anything causing momentary panic. Good luck and safe travels.